Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Have lost my Upgrade Booklet - Am I pooched?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 1MM

As I'm sure many do I travel with my booklet of upgrade/lounge certs whenever on Air Canada even if I don't plan to use it that flight because you never know.

I've done this for years without issue but upon return from a flight from Vancouver (where I did use it) I cannot after ripping the house apart find the booklet. There was still all the lounge certs, both SSWU and a few NAU and SWU left.

Everything you read suggests I am up a creek without a paddle. Anybody else have (hopefully positive) experience on my hopes of recovery?

Thanks
Old Jun 29, 2010, 8:35 am

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
In theory, they should be able to replace everything except the lounge passes (which they might do anyways as a goodwill gesture).

They can do a search on your Aeroplan # for all flights you've taken from Jan 1st and find out if you have any R class tickets. By subtracting the number of certs that you've used, they should be able to get an idea of what was left in your booklet. Also, every time I've used a cert, they have documented it on my file.

The only complication would be if you upgraded someone on a different PNR with your certs...
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 1MM
Originally Posted by DaveTO
In theory, they should be able to replace everything except the lounge passes (which they might do anyways as a goodwill gesture).
Yes. In theory they would also have gotten ridden of paper upgrades and moved to an electronic inventory of them. But I guess my question is in practice will they replace something they clearly have said on the back of the certs that they will not replace.

Thanks for the reply.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: AC SEMM, Nexus
Happened to me 2 years ago and AE was very prompt in replacing my lost certs.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 9:57 am

Programs: AC 75K
These responses are certainly encouraging. I also assumed for sure that lost certs were gone for good.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.