Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2014, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jerryhung
It would help if every member could take a moment to ensure they are posting in the correct thread. This one is meant to be only for listing valid booked mini-RTW itineraries and not questions about booking mini-RTW which belong in this thread:

Mini RTW Questions

Newer members who are just coming to find the whole topic are likewise encouraged to read and pose their questions in this thread:

The Complete Newbie Guide/FAQ to the Air Canada Aeroplan Mini-RTW

Want to find the new MPM after 10/29/2014?
Aeroplan City Pair mileage (new pseudo-MPM) - FlyerTalk Forums

List of valid and booked Mini-RTW 2.0 (post-2014 version of this thread)
Print Wikipost

FAQ: List of valid and booked mini-RTW itineraries

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2011, 6:46 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by donard
It was under mileage, so the issue was not raised. LH (amd AC) sometimes market LHR-YYZ through various German cities. The AC flights kept coming up, but DUS was the only city where I could get LH, and so avoid AC (surcharges, and couple-unfriendly business seating)
?????

are we talking about the same AC J here? i find it to be the BEST couples seating. ahem. :] it's the best way to legitimately get some private time without looking like you are looking for some private time. :]
Old May 24, 2011, 4:19 pm

120K first YYZ-BKK

booked mid May 2011 for travel in mid January 2012

YYZ - YUL AC-J
YUL - ZHR LX-F
ZRH - BKK TG-F -- STOP
BKK - NRT TG-J -- hope to change to F as space becomes available
NRT - ORD NH-F
ORD - YYZ AC J

TAXES $143CAD
BOOKING FEE $30
TOTAL $173 CAD

120,000 POINTS
Old May 26, 2011, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by beep88
Just finished the booking 45 minutes ago.

YYZ - YUL AC J
YUL - ZRH LX F
ZRH - FRA LH J (11 hrs layover)
FRA - SIN LH F (stop)
SIN - HKG SQ J (stop)
HKG - KIX NH J (stop)
ITM - NRT NH Y
NRT - ORD NH F
ORD - YYZ AC J

Tried to do ITM-NRT-IAD-YYZ but not a valid routing.

228.46 + 33.9

Do you think Aeroplan would let me originate from YVR but with a simplier routing.. eg YVR-FRA-SIN-x/NRT-ZRH-x/FRA-YVR ?
Old May 26, 2011, 2:06 pm

Just finished the booking 45 minutes ago.

YYZ - YUL AC J
YUL - ZRH LX F
ZRH - FRA LH J (11 hrs layover)
FRA - SIN LH F (stop)
SIN - HKG SQ J (stop)
HKG - KIX NH J (stop)
ITM - NRT NH Y
NRT - ORD NH F
ORD - YYZ AC J

Tried to do ITM-NRT-IAD-YYZ but not a valid routing.

228.46 + 33.9

Funny under Aeroplan website "Manage Rewards", the flights are out of sequence and some flights are missing.

Flight 1: YYZ - YUL -ZRH - FRA ; ORD -(1 month later) YYZ ; FRA -(back to original itin.) SIN
Funny - I booked almost exactly the same route (stops are different, but destination is same - KIX). ITM-NRT-IAD-YUL _is_ a valid routing, don't let them tell you otherwise (and I doubt YYZ is different from YUL...... unless it counts as a backtracking? but that would be silly) - I was able to book it in NH (no F available for now). You wouldn't be travelling in April of 2012, would you? Would be pretty weird if we ended up in KIX at the same time, hehe.
Old May 26, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Do you think Aeroplan would let me originate from YVR but with a simplier routing.. eg YVR-FRA-SIN-x/NRT-ZRH-x/FRA-YVR ?
LH sells tickets to SIN via FRA so I would imagine that's a valid routing.... I mean the YVR-FRA-SIN part. but then you also want NRT-ZRH-YVR that I don't know.

Last edited by beep88; May 26, 2011 at 3:50 pm
Old May 26, 2011, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Funny - I booked almost exactly the same route (stops are different, but destination is same - KIX). ITM-NRT-IAD-YUL _is_ a valid routing, don't let them tell you otherwise (and I doubt YYZ is different from YUL...... unless it counts as a backtracking? but that would be silly) - I was able to book it in NH (no F available for now). You wouldn't be travelling in April of 2012, would you? Would be pretty weird if we ended up in KIX at the same time, hehe.
Maybe to YYZ is not. It doesn't really matter to me that much. I wanted IAD only because it's 1 extra hour of NH experience(you know maximizing) and I already did NRT-ORD last time. Availability wasn't bad as I am flexible.

I am travelling in February.

I think someone from FT might be booked on the LH flight FRA - SIN. Who else would book a single F seat months in advance? Lol . I was the 1st one to book it, originally a 747, then got switched to A380 and 1A was taken. Availability says F6 and there are only 8 F seats.
Old May 26, 2011, 7:26 pm

Maybe to YYZ is not. It doesn't really matter to me that much. I wanted IAD only because it's 1 extra hour of NH experience(you know maximizing) and I already did NRT-ORD last time. Availability wasn't bad as I am flexible.

I am travelling in February.

I think someone from FT might be booked on the LH flight FRA - SIN. Who else would book a single F seat months in advance? Lol . I was the 1st one to book it, originally a 747, then got switched to A380 and 1A was taken. Availability says F6 and there are only 8 F seats.

wow - you won the route lottery? nice,congrats with a bit of luck they might switch up NRT-ORD to the "inspiration" config, so you'll REALLY win out. I'm trying to grab NRT-(JFK/FRA), but the opinion on the NH forums is that those get released some 10 days in advance, rather than a year. we'll see...
Old May 26, 2011, 7:57 pm

NRT-ORD and NRT-IAD availability was quite good for Jan/Feb when I booked.

In fact for February it's still virtually wide open (5 of the 8 days I picked have 2 F seats available) up till Feb 24. With ANA flights the ANA tool is really convenient because you can check next 7 days availability by a single click. You just keep clicking and no F available after Feb 24.
Old May 26, 2011, 11:12 pm

In fact for February it's still virtually wide open (5 of the 8 days I picked have 2 F seats available) up till Feb 24. With ANA flights the ANA tool is really convenient because you can check next 7 days availability by a single click. You just keep clicking and no F available after Feb 24.
I'm trying to find NRT to anywhere in North America on NH F 300+ days out, and can't find anything! I was banking on NRT-ORD or NRT-IAD in F!
Old May 27, 2011, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by slaman
I'm trying to find NRT to anywhere in North America on NH F 300+ days out, and can't find anything! I was banking on NRT-ORD or NRT-IAD in F!
I am wondering whether the "long term" NH F is not available, but "medium" term is. As beep88 said, nothing into March/April is available, but maybe they will open up some inventory once we are closer to the dates?
Old May 27, 2011, 8:53 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz & Avis PC; National EE; SPG & Hilton Gold; AC 35K (yawn)
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I am wondering whether the "long term" NH F is not available, but "medium" term is. As beep88 said, nothing into March/April is available, but maybe they will open up some inventory once we are closer to the dates?
NH opens F inventory close to departure. This is similar to NZ, which opens J generally within a month of departure.
Old May 27, 2011, 9:30 am

Use the ANA tool to search for ANA flights only (not the Star Alliance button), and you can click through 330+ days easily. I did this last night and F is available within the next 2 weeks, then nothing except from Mid-January to Feb 24.
Old May 27, 2011, 9:38 am

Use the ANA tool to search for ANA flights only (not the Star Alliance button), and you can click through 330+ days easily. I did this last night and F is available within the next 2 weeks, then nothing except from Mid-January to Feb 24.
Ohh... but I do not think that is valid, is it? I don't think that means availability for Aeroplan (or other *A) point redemption.
Old May 27, 2011, 1:34 pm

Yeah, I saw this as well using the KVS Tool... frustrating though because I need a flight in mid/late April... I don't want to "risk" not getting F on such a long flight...
Old May 27, 2011, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by slaman
Yeah, I saw this as well using the KVS Tool... frustrating though because I need a flight in mid/late April... I don't want to "risk" not getting F on such a long flight...
Hmm. Can anyone confirm that availability gathered by clicking "check ANA flights" is a) different from the star alliance one, and b) is actually bookable by Aeroplan and not reserved for ANA redemptions or something?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.