Mini RTW Questions

Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by sp4294
MPM5 YYZ-SIN TATL is 13425

YYZ-DXB TATL is 8959
Pseudo Nim, after reading your posts and going over the Newbie Guide Wiki, once again I look to you for clarity and advice.
Am I attempting to book an Asia 1 award, but will be charged ME mileage due to the stop in DXB?
That seems to be the case of your trip that I quoted back to you in an earlier post !
Thx
Old Sep 3, 2013, 8:44 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by WhisperjetYYZ
Pseudo Nim, after reading your posts and going over the Newbie Guide Wiki, once again I look to you for clarity and advice.
Am I attempting to book an Asia 1 award, but will be charged ME mileage due to the stop in DXB?
That seems to be the case of your trip that I quoted back to you in an earlier post !
Thx
That's exactly correct. Your *routing* and *MPM* rules will apply based on the FURTHEST away point, but your points requirements will be for the most expensive (per the Aeroplan award chart) >24 hour stop on the way.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I actually flew YUL-ZRH in J for the first time a few weeks ago and I must say, I was somewhat underwhelmed. I've only flown that segment in F before, and maybe I was being unfair, but the difference in service and food was very noticeable - so much so that I didn't really enjoy it. Food, for instance, all came out on one tray and was pretty average; I told myself that's fine, I'm sure only F gets separate courses - but I then continued onwards on TK, SQ and OZ and they all had separate courses, and I seem to remember even LH having separate courses. I know, first world problems, but what I mean to say is, don't reroute JUST for the LX experience unless it's in F.

Also: I hate YUL-ZRH because it departs at 5pm and essentially lands at midnight. You have very little time to sleep and it messes with your following day a LOT. Better take YUL-MUC because it's a true overnight - and you're likely to get the excellent new J product these days.

Glad I read this today, and I was planning a few award bookings for next year but am pretty sure I will give the YUL-ZRH flight a miss this time....those EVA flights to TPE and onward look pretty tempting!

The one flight I took YUL-ZRH was in F, and I admit I was completely beat by the time I arrived in Zurich..too short a flight to get decent sleep and arriving at 6am Zurich time is no fun at all.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by mapleg
Glad I read this today, and I was planning a few award bookings for next year but am pretty sure I will give the YUL-ZRH flight a miss this time....those EVA flights to TPE and onward look pretty tempting!

The one flight I took YUL-ZRH was in F, and I admit I was completely beat by the time I arrived in Zurich..too short a flight to get decent sleep and arriving at 6am Zurich time is no fun at all.
Exactly my experience.

Go with BR if you can, it's supposed to be a far better experience, you don't need to scrounge for awards, and it's not as haughty and elitist of an airline :P (plus, the timing works).
Old Sep 6, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Exactly my experience.

Go with BR if you can, it's supposed to be a far better experience, you don't need to scrounge for awards, and it's not as haughty and elitist of an airline :P (plus, the timing works).
Did exactly that.

Booked for 2 in J YYZ-TPE-ICN on BR. Then to KIX on OZ for stop 2. Stop 3 is HKG via NH. Then finally home HKG-TPE-YYZ on BR.

Obviously not a mini-rtw but still some good flights over 18,000 miles and not a lot of sitting around in lounges or pinballing around the way some trips end up being. YQ was $111.00 for the NH/OZ segments.

Initially I was having a problem finding one specific flight and the agent kindly suggested I fly to KIX via LH or AV to Europe and on to KIX on LH. Told her YQ would be a killer, don't even bother looking it up!
Old Sep 7, 2013, 7:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
Looking for Advice

I would like to use 125,000 Aeroplan miles and fly in Business Class from YYC and see HRB before going to MOW (either SVO/DME/VKO) and squeeze SIN somewhere in along the way. For example, YYC-HRB-MOW-SIN-YYC or YYC-SIN-HRB-MOW-YYC. The thing is, HRB must become before MOW. This is in the lask week of January and early weeks of February, as I need to be in MOW before or on 05FEB as I will be taking inter-Russia flights on a seperate ticket to get to AER for the Olympics. Any ideas on possible valid routings and where I can squeeze the SIN portion in to avoid MPM? I have no access to Expert Flyer or any of those fancy systems...

Ideal situation would be something along the lines of:

28/29JAN YYC-HRB - spend 2-4 days in HRB;
03/04FEB HRB-MOW - must arrive in time to take a seperate ticket for a flight on the 06FEB from MOW to AER, ideally want to arrive in MOW on the 04 or 05FEB as a result;
10/11FEB MOW-SIN - spend 3 or so days in SIN;
14/15FEB SIN-YYC

Any ideas/imput/suggestions would be appreciated!
Old Sep 7, 2013, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by YYC009
I would like to use 125,000 Aeroplan miles and fly in Business Class from YYC and see HRB before going to MOW (either SVO/DME/VKO) and squeeze SIN somewhere in along the way. For example, YYC-HRB-MOW-SIN-YYC or YYC-SIN-HRB-MOW-YYC. The thing is, HRB must become before MOW. This is in the lask week of January and early weeks of February, as I need to be in MOW before or on 05FEB as I will be taking inter-Russia flights on a seperate ticket to get to AER for the Olympics. Any ideas on possible valid routings and where I can squeeze the SIN portion in to avoid MPM? I have no access to Expert Flyer or any of those fancy systems...

Ideal situation would be something along the lines of:

28/29JAN YYC-HRB - spend 2-4 days in HRB;
03/04FEB HRB-MOW - must arrive in time to take a seperate ticket for a flight on the 06FEB from MOW to AER, ideally want to arrive in MOW on the 04 or 05FEB as a result;
10/11FEB MOW-SIN - spend 3 or so days in SIN;
14/15FEB SIN-YYC

Any ideas/imput/suggestions would be appreciated!
You will have to put it in this sequence: YYC-HRB-SIN-MOW-YYC. Any other way would not work if you want HRB before MOW. For example, there is availability:

Jan.22 YYC-SFO-ICN-HRB day/night in ICN
Jan.27 HRB-TPE-SIN day/night in TPE
Feb.03 SIN-IST-VKO
Feb.11 DME-ZRH-YUL-YYC
Old Sep 8, 2013, 1:27 pm

Need some advice here:

Looking at a European vacation next year in J, with a few stops.

I'm making the following assumptions, but need some help:

1) I want to go YWG-ORD-Europe 1 (stop)-Europe 1(stop) - maybe an open jaw then ORD-YWG on UA. Is this possible? On 90k per ticket, is that correct?

2) If I do a one way, there are no stopovers, also correct?

Any suggestions on routings ex ORD on UA? Can't find a good list of where they fly direct. Been to Switzerland so not interested in LX, not really feeling scandanavia either (SAS).
Old Sep 8, 2013, 2:02 pm

Programs: SPG
To all the expert out there.

I know I can get the following from Aeroplan YEG-BRU-SGN-YEG and I just pay the KVS for 6 months but I still do not know if the following route is possible: YEG-BRU-SGN-HKG-YEG

Thanks for the advise.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 2:27 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
You could try WAW from ORD on LO - it's the 787. Hard product is great; soft product is okay. WAW is a nice city to spend a few days in (and it's cheap by European standards!).
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:35 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

Originally Posted by FreeTravel
To all the expert out there.

I know I can get the following from Aeroplan YEG-BRU-SGN-YEG and I just pay the KVS for 6 months but I still do not know if the following route is possible: YEG-BRU-SGN-HKG-YEG
What airline flies YEG-BRU, BRU-SGN or HKG-YEG?
Old Sep 8, 2013, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
maybe he was referring to intermediate stops rather than specific segments?
Old Sep 8, 2013, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by KVS
Sorry, it will be with Star Alliance.

I want to stop at BRU, SGN and HKG in that order but do not care how to get there, just want to know if it is possible. I am just getting ready to book in Nov for next Oct/2014.

If it is a valid route I will use the KVS to get the segment by segment.

Thanks again.
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by FreeTravel
Sorry, it will be with Star Alliance.

I want to stop at BRU, SGN and HKG in that order but do not care how to get there, just want to know if it is possible. I am just getting ready to book in Nov for next Oct/2014.

If it is a valid route I will use the KVS to get the segment by segment.

Thanks again.
While you will likely be hit with a lot of surcharges, you have a LOT of MPM to play with:

Code:
YEASGN-YY 08SEP13

TICKETED POINT SURCHARGES APPLY.
    GI      M        5M       10M       15M       20M       25M

MPM AT  13292     13956     14621     15285     15950     16615
MPM PA   9384      9853     10322     10791     11260     11730
You can easily do something like BRU-IST-SIN-SGN,SGN-BKK-HKG or whatnot.

Use my site for segment searches
Old Sep 8, 2013, 7:14 pm

While you will likely be hit with a lot of surcharges, you have a LOT of MPM to play with:

Code:
YEASGN-YY 08SEP13

TICKETED POINT SURCHARGES APPLY.
    GI      M        5M       10M       15M       20M       25M

MPM AT  13292     13956     14621     15285     15950     16615
MPM PA   9384      9853     10322     10791     11260     11730
You can easily do something like BRU-IST-SIN-SGN,SGN-BKK-HKG or whatnot.

Use my site for segment searches
Thanks. Looks like I am okay to book that trip in J before the points goes up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.