FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mini RTW Questions
View Single Post
Old Sep 3, 2013, 10:04 am
mapleg

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
I actually flew YUL-ZRH in J for the first time a few weeks ago and I must say, I was somewhat underwhelmed. I've only flown that segment in F before, and maybe I was being unfair, but the difference in service and food was very noticeable - so much so that I didn't really enjoy it. Food, for instance, all came out on one tray and was pretty average; I told myself that's fine, I'm sure only F gets separate courses - but I then continued onwards on TK, SQ and OZ and they all had separate courses, and I seem to remember even LH having separate courses. I know, first world problems, but what I mean to say is, don't reroute JUST for the LX experience unless it's in F.

Also: I hate YUL-ZRH because it departs at 5pm and essentially lands at midnight. You have very little time to sleep and it messes with your following day a LOT. Better take YUL-MUC because it's a true overnight - and you're likely to get the excellent new J product these days.

Glad I read this today, and I was planning a few award bookings for next year but am pretty sure I will give the YUL-ZRH flight a miss this time....those EVA flights to TPE and onward look pretty tempting!

The one flight I took YUL-ZRH was in F, and I admit I was completely beat by the time I arrived in Zurich..too short a flight to get decent sleep and arriving at 6am Zurich time is no fun at all.