Community
Wiki Posts
Search

where's my elite package?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:21 pm

Programs: Super Elite 100K, Mariott Ambassador Elite,
Anyone get their package today?

If so when does the AC site say it was mailed?

My guess is those who say is was mailed on Jan 5th might have got theirs today.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 3:35 pm

still waiting.................
Old Jan 12, 2010, 8:47 am

Programs: AC Elite, BA Silver, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold, Sirius Silver, Marriott Silver
Mailed January 4th, arrived in Toronto this morning...missing SWU certs in my package...let us know if this has happened to you!

Cards look the same as they did for 2009.

Updating here...I spoke with Aeroplan just now...I guess this is going to be a BIG problem! Its widespread. They are mailing me my SWUs ASAP. Thank goodness it was the SWUs missing and not the SSWUs...I would have snapped...need them in 2 weeks!

Last edited by DDHYYZ; Jan 12, 2010 at 8:59 am Reason: Update:
Old Jan 12, 2010, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Kits are arriving, but check your cert booklet!

Got my SE kit in this morning's mail. Card and tags are identical in design to those of the past two years. Only a change in some of the phone numbers on the back of the card. However, in examining the booklet of certs, etc. I find I was given two regular Systemwide upgrade certs instead of Specials that were requested and show on my letter.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Got my SE kit in this morning's mail. Card and tags are identical in design to those of the past two years. Only a change in some of the phone numbers on the back of the card. However, in examining the booklet of certs, etc. I find I was given two regular Systemwide upgrade certs instead of Specials that were requested and show on my letter.
Seemingly Arnold's cat continues at work.

I requested SWUs only. Hopefully they'll switch some to SSWUs by mistake.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 9:23 am

LOl, really one major F/Up.

thats my morning chuckle
Old Jan 12, 2010, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by DDHYYZ
Thank goodness it was the SWUs missing and not the SSWUs...I would have snapped...need them in 2 weeks!
Just a minor cardio infarction! I am expecting a pair of SSWUs from crossing the 120K threshold back in mid-December, so expect I will have a pair one way or another for my next intended-for-use trip in mid-March. (Just used my last pair of 2009s to/from NRT over the past few days.)

But if this is a major snaffu, it will indeed be a mess for AC. Originally agent I spoke with gave me name of AE person in charge of sending certs and said I wouold have to send the pair of SWUs to her and then she'd send me the SSWUs. Then agent said she could send out a tracer and I should wait until I hear from AE rather than send certs in now. Shall see how this unfolds, and who else joins our "little" club, eh DDHYYZ.

BTW there was one change over last year. The "strings" they give us to use with our tags is now red rather than the clear colour of last year. Could this be AC's way of coding the currency of our status?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 4:51 pm

Programs: AC E50K
Received this email yesterday from AeroPlan

Dear _______,

Due to a temporary system malfunction, your two 2010 Air Canada Top Tier System-Wide Upgrade Certificates were not included in your Air Canada Elite® Select Privileges package. We hope you will accept our sincere apology for this error.

Please be assured that we are taking every measure to correct the problem. You will receive your two 2010 Air Canada Top Tier System-Wide Upgrade Certificates via mail next week.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the error and any inconvenience it may have caused you.

Thank you for your understanding.

Aeroplan and Air Canada
Old Jan 14, 2010, 6:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: star alliance, british airways executive club
update

well, mine arrived today. i was relieved, since i'm off to the airport for LHR-cape town in an hour! the weather's been bad here in england lately, and the post has been delayed, so i guess it was going to go down to the wire!

as for my package: it did contain 2x SSWU certs - looks like i dodged that bullet!

-mike
Old Jan 14, 2010, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by iron_mike
well, mine arrived today. i was relieved, since i'm off to the airport for LHR-cape town in an hour! the weather's been bad here in england lately, and the post has been delayed, so i guess it was going to go down to the wire!

as for my package: it did contain 2x SSWU certs - looks like i dodged that bullet!

-mike
Are you an SE? What combination did you order? Seems to be affecting SEs who ordered 2 SSWUs and 6 NAUs. Interesting that they've started arriving in the UK before hitting the west of Canada!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 6:30 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Interesting that they've started arriving in the UK before hitting the west of Canada!
And before hitting the out-in-the-boonies in Ontario!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 6:51 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Are you an SE? What combination did you order? Seems to be affecting SEs who ordered 2 SSWUs and 6 NAUs. Interesting that they've started arriving in the UK before hitting the west of Canada!
I'm SE and have ordered 2SSWUs and 6 NAUs... But I still haven't received my package yet. It said it was mailed on Jan 7 and I'm in Ontario.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:58 pm

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Accor Plat
I'm in YYZ and just got my E package today. (Aeroplan site listed Jan. 7th as mailing date). I picked all the certs (4SWU,2SSWU,2SWU,4NAU) and all of them were correctly there.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:58 pm

YYZ
Mailed Jan 6
Arrived Jan 14
Elite
Old Jan 14, 2010, 8:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
YYC
Mailed Jan 6
Arrived Jan 14
Elite
(everything appears correct in the pkg)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.