Wiki Posts
Search

Travel Agents

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2000, 4:44 am
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Travel Agents

I just tried to look up fare for flights between YYZ and HKG and found that the lowest fare is a H class fare at almost $2200. I am sure travel agents can get me a better fare than this.

I tried to find N class for CP and L class for AC but not were listed even though it is showing as avaliable in ITN. Are these fares only available through travel agents when there are no seat sales? If I do book through travel agents, do I call AC/CP to do my upgrade?

Lastly, does anyone have any suggestion of any good travel agents that they use in YYZ who can also do the upgrade for me?

Thanks,
Empress
Old Jun 4, 2000, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Empress, we booked YEG-YVR-HKG about a month ago through a Chinatown travel agent. I also looked on CP/AC on-line booking prices and ITN, etc., and they all reported fares about $2200 (H class).

I can't remember what exactly we paid ($1720 rings a bell but that doesn't seem quite right). The weird thing is that they handwrite every ticket, backdate it, and put a fare calculation that totals $2200 (it was K class by the way). Kind of strange to me. (Rather dodgy procedure too.)

So I think you can definitely expect a better price. As for upg, I don't have any experience in this matter, but I think you would call AC/CP once you get your ticket.

Good luck, Empress.

FewMiles..
Old Jun 4, 2000, 11:38 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
Empress
You call AC/CP after you get the ticket from the travel agent. They will want either your file locator OR your flight and date. They will confirm or deny the upgrade on the phone.
Old Jun 4, 2000, 8:20 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

So can I call them after I make the res or do I have to get the ticket? I don't want to be ticketed and then find out no upgrade space.
Old Jun 4, 2000, 11:47 pm
Original Member

Location: New York - DL Gold, AA Gold, AC Prestige, VS Silver
This is tricky - agents are only supposed to upgrade ticketed passengers - however, several times I've cajoled an agent to upgrade based on the reservation alone before I've actually been ticketed. Generally, I give them the (absolutely true) reason that my tickets have to come from the corporate travel agency, and I don't want to lose my place in the upgrade list while waiting for the agency to issue my ticket.

[This message has been edited by megamiles (edited 06-04-2000).]
Old Jun 5, 2000, 7:09 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
Empress
You never really know if you are getting an upgrade until you call the airline.
Old Jun 5, 2000, 7:50 am

I've had good luck using Travel Cuts in Toronto for getting cheap (both student and non-student) airfares that do not appear on any of the web-based travel agencies or the airlines' web sites. They have offices in Toronto, or you can call 1-800-667-2887.
Old Jun 5, 2000, 4:10 pm

Location: Winnipeg Canada, Cambridge England. CP - EP (R.I.P.) formerly AC-SE now lower than the lowest low.
Empress, I can't help you with the Vancouver travel agent, as the one I use is Wexas (a London, England travel club), but if my agent can do this then so should any good agent.

With AC metal I have them look for "C" class availability (upgrade class same as CP "R"), when there is availability they book me the cheapest upgradable fare, ticket it, and then upgrade me and do the seat selection.

Quick, Clean and Simple.

I don't know if you can do the same on CP but it's worth finding a good agent and get them to try.

Good Luck.

Stewart.
Old Jun 5, 2000, 8:46 pm

Programs: CebGo 5J, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Alaska 100K
Toureast Travel on Dundas St.W near the cnr of Spadina upstairs next to TD bank. This travel agent was recommended to me by Cathay Pacific. I recently scored a ticket for my son for $750 CND return YYZ-ORD-HKG RTN but generally the tickets go for about $1200 return for CX and much cheaper for UA and KE.

Ask for Mabel Chan

Very professional.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.