Reload this Page >

Tanzania visa on arrival...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tanzania visa on arrival...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 6:06 am

Was $50 last year when I went. We both have EEA/EU passports. Be quick as the lines develop quickly if coming off a wide-body
Old Oct 10, 2011, 2:12 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by dreamfool
Anyone knows if this is still available for USD 50? I can't find any info on this on their embassy website.
From the US? It is $100 and yes you can still get it on arrival. Just make sure you are out of the flight first! And pick up the paperwork from the desks to fill in!
Old Oct 11, 2011, 1:31 am

Programs: *G and whatever else I can match to....
Also note that US $100 bills from pre-2000 are often not accepted in Tanzania (anywhere). Play it safe and bring bills from after 2000 (better yet, after 2006).
Old Oct 12, 2011, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Michael
Also note that US $100 bills from pre-2000 are often not accepted in Tanzania (anywhere). Play it safe and bring bills from after 2000 (better yet, after 2006).
Generally agree, they weren't accepting older bills at the Namanga land crossing when I was last there. Though I'd have agreed with the older posts, as well, that it's just easier to deal with in advance to avoid the lines/similar issues.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I had no problem getting a visa on arrival last year and the line wasn't too long. Maybe 20 minutes or so. And I'll give you a tip. If you just ask for a one year multi-entry visa, they give you one no questions asked. At least that worked for me.

Regarding new US currency, this has always been the case throughout Africa. They will not accept older bills as they believe those are easily forged. Make sure it has the red ink.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 10:57 am

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by stimpy
Regarding new US currency, this has always been the case throughout Africa. They will not accept older bills as they believe those are easily forged. Make sure it has the red ink.
Except in Zim. I recently had a Barclay's ATM in Vic Falls spit out some US$100 bills from the 1970s!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: UA General
A somewhat related question...the flight we are looking at booking indicate it gets in at 2:45AM. I have to guess that they issue visa for visitors at all hours, but again, I can't find any information on that. Has anyone experienced a late (or super early) arrival and got the visa with no problem still?
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
A somewhat related question...the flight we are looking at booking indicate it gets in at 2:45AM. I have to guess that they issue visa for visitors at all hours, but again, I can't find any information on that. Has anyone experienced a late (or super early) arrival and got the visa with no problem still?
I would guess they must handle this as I know NBO does. But the latest I've arrived at DAR is around 11pm.
Old Oct 19, 2011, 1:20 am

Programs: *G and whatever else I can match to....

That sounds like the TK flight. Like stimpy, I've never arrived in DAR at that hour, but I would assume that the immigration desks are staffed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.