Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LUN-LLW airline guidance please

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2008, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

LUN-LLW airline guidance please

I need to fly between Lusaka and Lilongwe next month. What airlines fly this route please? I am only aware of Air Malawi which I have been warned against - fairly?
Old Aug 14, 2008, 5:43 pm
Senior Moderator

Programs: UA Plat/2MM [23-yr. 1K, now emeritus] clawing way back to WN-A List; MR LT Titanium; HY Whateverist.
Please follow the discussion in our Travel->Africa forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
Old Aug 14, 2008, 9:35 pm

Originally Posted by aroominyork
I need to fly between Lusaka and Lilongwe next month. What airlines fly this route please? I am only aware of Air Malawi which I have been warned against - fairly?
I flew Air Malawi one-way LLW-LUN about 4 or 5 years ago and had no problems. The flight departed roughly on time, the flight attendants were OK and the baggage made it. As I recall, the interior of the plane was a little scruffy. The fare seemed somewhat high for the relatively short distance flown (which is often true in Africa) and buying the tickets in Malawi with a credit card took longer and was more hassle than it would have been elsewhere (unless something has recently changed, credit cards are not widely accepted in Malawi).
Old Aug 27, 2009, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/2MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
It appears Kenya Airways flies this route (as an onward tag to NBO) with a 777! They used to do it with a 767-300? Why so much airlift on this route?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 12:12 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
LUN-LLW with the pride of Africa

u rite dude,
but it depends as 2 choices are given:

-flight KQ724 is a day service NBO-LUN-LLW-NBO depart Lusaka at 11h10 am and arriving lilongwe 1h10 mn later, only monday, tuesday, thursday and sunday using a 767-300 biclass.
-from march 09 the new flight KQ726, propose the same rotation, on wed fri and sunday, but departing Lun @ 00h10 for a landing in the malawian capital around 1h20 am, the a/c is an embraer 170.

i've only flown the day service and it seems the best for this short route, more over the 2nd option doesn't offer Premier World Class (kq business).
c what is the best for u...

an another option is LUN-LLW with bus can cost you $30 max, for a 10h journey
Old Sep 6, 2009, 12:18 pm

Programs: Flying Blue, Diamond Club
LUN-LLW with the pride of Africa

u rite dude,
but it depends as 2 choices are given:

-flight KQ724 is a day service NBO-LUN-LLW-NBO depart Lusaka at 11h10 am and arriving lilongwe 1h10 mn later, only monday, tuesday, thursday and sunday using a 767-300 biclass.
-Since march 09 the new flight KQ726, propose the same rotation, on wed fri and sunday, but departing Lun @ 00h10 for a landing in the malawian capital around 1h20 am, the a/c is an embraer 170.

i've only flown the day service and it seems the best for this short route, more over the 2nd option doesn't offer Premier World Class (kq business).
c what is the best for u...

an another option is LUN-LLW with bus can cost you $30 max, for an only 10h journey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.