Wiki Posts
Search

Hippotours/Rufiji/Beho Beho/Zanzibar?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2005, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW plat
Hippotours/Rufiji/Beho Beho/Zanzibar?

We are hoping to go to Tanzinia and possibly Zanzibar the last half of February. I know this isn't the best time, but it is when we can go. The latest issue of Conde Nast Traveler has an article about a safari and recommends Hippotours and the lodges of Rufiji and Beho Beho in the Selous Game Reserve. Hippotours also offers trips to Zanzibar that we are looking at for a short diving add-on. We are looking for some place small, not a "tour bus" kind of experience. We know this trip will be way more expensive than anything we have done before and want to maximize each dollar.

My questions:
Have any of you used this agency or these lodges? Do you have any recommendations for other places or agencies? Is Selous better than northern Tanzinia to go on safari? I have to admit that my concern with the places Traveller recommends will become crowded.

ANY help would be appreciated.
Old Nov 7, 2005, 5:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriott LT Titanium, AA Plat Pro/LT Plat
I haven't been there but here are some links with info on Selous camps -

http://www.africatravelresource.com/...lous/03/01.htm

http://www.africanmeccasafaris.com/t...loushotels.asp

The parks of southern Tanzania receive far fewer visitors compared to northern Tanzania.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.