Wiki Posts
Search

Hotels at Nairobi Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2024, 1:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Hotels at Nairobi Airport

We arrive late in Nairobi airport and leave the following evening and looking for a hotel at the airport. Any recommendations, the three obvious choices are the Hilton Garden Inn Nairobi Airport, Crowne Plaza Nairobi Airport, and Four Points by Sheraton Nairobi Airport. Can you get to any of these without a shuttle bus (walk from the terminal)? We are looking for somewhere that will be nice to relax (nice pool) if we decide to stay in our hotel before our flight.

We will have a few hours before our departure flight from Nairobi, any recommendations on what to do i few decide to explore, we will have about 6 hours free from 8am.
Old Mar 5, 2024, 1:21 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
You can walk it but it is a trek and no fun with baggage (or without). You should be able to Uber it as there are loads of Ubers around the airport. I do not recommend walking it. I stayed at Crowne Plaza (and walked there). Crowne Plaza is fine with a nice pool on roof. I have heard Four Points is fine too. I would recommend either of these two. HGI seems to be beyond a security checkpoint to aerodrome so I think Four Points or Crowne Plaza are preferable.
ademanuele likes this.

Last edited by cargueiro; Mar 5, 2024 at 3:14 am
Old Mar 6, 2024, 3:51 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
I personally would not walk, as there are no footpaths. Crowne Plaza Nairobi Airport, and Four Points by Sheraton Nairobi Airport are within the secure airport grounds, and provide free shuttles based off your flight arrival / departure. The wait is not too long at all.

Not knowing what else you would have done in Kenya before, it is difficult to make suggestions. Please share what you are doing, and then we can suggest.
ademanuele and Wanderwithme like this.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks. I have booked the Crowne Plaza Nairobi Airport and will use the shuttle.

We have only visited Kenya once before, some 20 years ago, and went on safari and spent a few days in Mombassa. We have not visited Nairobi before or the immediate area so would be interested in recommendations.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 4:55 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
I'd get in touch with a local tour operator, and head to Nairobi National Park for a few hours, then maybe the Giraffe Centre, House of Treasures, lunch at Talisman and head back to the airport.
ademanuele likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.