Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help - vaguely sensible accomodation options CPT-Stellenbosch

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2024, 2:18 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Help - vaguely sensible accomodation options CPT-Stellenbosch

So high winds and French flair has left me sitting in CDG rather than on the plane to JNB. I was on a flight from HLA-CPT Wednesday morning, which I now won't make, so I've switched to the CPT flight, which arrives at 22.30 tomorrow. I need to be in Stellenbosch Wednesday morning - does anyone have any ideas for options for a night stay between the two, happy for me to arrive between 11pm and midnight, and costing ideally <zar 1500? I often do AirBnB in SA, but that is a challenge when arriving late, and its being high season the hotels are booked or pricey... I did look at one place which was reasonable but announced itself as being 'located in a low to middle income area' - I'm not a snob, but I value my safety...
Any idea/thoughts/advice? For specific hotels/B&Bs or areas
Thanks
Old Feb 27, 2024, 12:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Presume Hotel Verde is out of budget.

Because I don't like some areas at night I might look at Century City - generic hotels, get there by elevated highways (N2, M5, N1) rather than having to go through traffic lights/robots, and the next morning you are going against traffic so shouldn't take too long to Stellenbosch.
Old Feb 28, 2024, 1:58 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by konagirl2
Presume Hotel Verde is out of budget.

Because I don't like some areas at night I might look at Century City - generic hotels, get there by elevated highways (N2, M5, N1) rather than having to go through traffic lights/robots, and the next morning you are going against traffic so shouldn't take too long to Stellenbosch.
Oh - never realised that CPT had an airport hotel! Thanks for the suggestion, but I ended up going (back) to the Hyatt in town, more expensive than I'd have liked but I know it and the area and was happy heading there at 11.30.
Old Mar 2, 2024, 5:45 am

Adding to this thread, does anyone know how easy/hard/safe is it to book a taxi from CPT airport to Stellenbosch/Franschhoek? thanks
Old Mar 4, 2024, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by 13901
Adding to this thread, does anyone know how easy/hard/safe is it to book a taxi from CPT airport to Stellenbosch/Franschhoek? thanks
I’ve used this company before https://vtransfers.co.za/
Old Mar 6, 2024, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by 13901
Very easy. Try to get a fee quote from Bolt or Uber (Bolt is usually a bit cheaper than Uber in Cape Town).

PS: I just did that for you. Around 350-400 ZAR from CPT to Franschhoek with Bolt; obviously less if only to Stellenbosch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.