Wiki Posts
Search

South African Traveller Declaration

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2024, 2:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
South African Traveller Declaration

Hello All, not a directly BA related post sorry but could anyone advise if an online “ traveller declaration” form is mandatory or still voluntary for South African entry ?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold | SK Gold | A3 Gold
Originally Posted by JaqRL
Hello All, not a directly BA related post sorry but could anyone advise if an online “ traveller declaration” form is mandatory or still voluntary for South African entry ?
Not required to fill in. I know they had it during Covid but when I went there in December they never asked for it (and I had not bothered filling it).
JaqRL likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 2:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold
Likewise going into Cape Town last month, didn't fill one in (wasn't aware it still existed) and wasn't asked for one.
JaqRL likes this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies , the BA page still says this , so got worried .
Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:36 am

There is a new traveller declaration form for customs, by the SA revenue service. It is not mandatory as it's in a 'pilot phase' and I'm hoping never becomes mandatory as it's an exit form as well as entrance to be completed online and before check in. Plenty of people saying they haven't completed it and had no issues. SA - Online Traveller Declaration
JaqRL and Swanhunter like this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by konagirl2
There is a new traveller declaration form for customs, by the SA revenue service. It is not mandatory as it's in a 'pilot phase' and I'm hoping never becomes mandatory as it's an exit form as well as entrance to be completed online and before check in. Plenty of people saying they haven't completed it and had no issues. SA - Online Traveller Declaration
I've been in and out a few times in the last 3 months and no-one has shown any interest in this. There are a couple of forlorn posters "advertising" it at JNB but no enforcement. You can safely ignore.
JaqRL and konagirl2 like this.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:26 am

Programs: AA L.T. Plat; UA Platinum
Last through JNB in Nov and no declaration required. Was through JNB twice during the COVID wind-down and was required then. In fact, the UA gate dragon wouldn't even allow people to board at EWR without the declaration even though it was distributed on the plane and available on landing. I led a vocal passenger protest. A supervisor arrived and the dragon was banished back to her cave.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.