Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KAZA visa (US citizens)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2023, 9:46 am
Original Poster

KAZA visa (US citizens)

Any recent experience with getting KAZA visa on arrival in Zimbabwe for US citizens? We would be flying into Victoria Falls airport from CPT later this month. We plan to visit Zambia and Botswana. We would be okay with getting double entry visa but would love to get KAZA visa just in case we decide to enter Zimbabwe multiple times during our trip.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
The Kaza visa is $50, and the multi-entry Zim is $45. Zam, Bots and SA are all free. I don't see the need for an American to get the Kaza visa.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LAX_Esq
The Kaza visa is $50, and the multi-entry Zim is $45. Zam, Bots and SA are all free. I don't see the need for an American to get the Kaza visa.
there is nothing called multi entry. Its just double entry.. if you want to enter Zim the third time you have to pay $45 again..
Old Dec 8, 2023, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
there is nothing called multi entry. Its just double entry.. if you want to enter Zim the third time you have to pay $45 again..
Correct -- I was using multi-entry sloppily to refer to double entry. I assumed from your mention of a double entry visa that your use of "multiple" contemplated 2 entries/exits in Zim, and didn't think that you were contemplating a 3rd entry/exit in Zim.

But for a 3rd entry, you wouldn't have to pay the $45 again. You could buy the $30 single entry. But at $75 for 3 entries, you're better off with the Kaza visa in that case.

Anyway, why are you contemplating a 3rd entry to Zim? I assume you'll visit Zam and back. Are you going to do Botstwana as a day trip from VF and return back to VF?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by MNSWEEps
Any recent experience with getting KAZA visa on arrival in Zimbabwe for US citizens? We would be flying into Victoria Falls airport from CPT later this month. We plan to visit Zambia and Botswana. We would be okay with getting double entry visa but would love to get KAZA visa just in case we decide to enter Zimbabwe multiple times during our trip.
Have you traveled to Victoria Falls - if so, what was your experience in obtaining the KAZA visa?
Planning a similar trip - would appreciate if you could share your experience.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tr3k
Have you traveled to Victoria Falls - if so, what was your experience in obtaining the KAZA visa?
The process is a bit slow but basically fill in a form, hand over some cash, sticker in passport and then stamped in at immigration.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tr3k
Just replied to your PM....here are details.. "We flew into CPT from LAX and spend few days there.. Then flew from CPT to VFA .. at immigration a guy comes around asking what visa we need and I said I need Kaza for 3 of us as we are going to Zambia and back.. He wrote a big 'K' on our forms which each individual in your party fills..and directed to a counter.. paid $50 cash each and we were good to go"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.