Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kenya visa

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2023, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Kenya visa

Hello, I have a problem with my kenyan visa. I received an information that my aplication was aproved, but from that time I cannot log in and print visa. It shows error 500. Other members of my family can log in, so the problem is only mine. Any ideas what can i do?
Old Aug 11, 2023, 3:22 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
You most likely do not need a visa. This Notam below was issued on 28 July, following the cyber attack on the evisa system. Notam 0208/23 lists the few nationalities that can't obtain visa on arrival. Kenya's visa system is a mess right now. Unfortunately the Kenyans do not appear to have informed Timatic that they are offering visa on arrival so some airlines are denying boarding to passengers who are unable to get visas.

A0207/23 NOTAMR A0206/23
Q) HKNA/QXXXX/IV/NBO/AE/000/999/0216S03901E999
A) HKNA
B) 2307280616 C) 2310242359 EST
E) REF AIP PAGE GEN 1.3-4 PARA 2.8, ALL TRAVELLERS INTO KENYA WILL
BE ISSUED WITH VISA UPON ARRIVAL AT ALL ENTRY POINTS.
Old Aug 11, 2023, 3:55 pm

Has anyone entered Kenya recently? I'll be traveling there in a month and did not apply for an eVisa prior to the cyber attack.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 12:01 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, QR Gold, HH Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Best to apply now. The system still works but you may have to resubmit and try several times.

It is easier, although more expensive, to use a visa agent. I used ivisa.com recently which was quick and painless.

Given the Kenyans have still not updated Timatic, do not rely on the Notam as typically ground handling staff and reservations staff at your origin don't have access to the Notams and in this case the Notam refers to the FIR and all airports within it, rather than there being one for Jomo Kenyatta.
gawa likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 9:56 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Looks like TIMATIC has now been updated - ExpertFlyer gets its visa data from there I believe, and it is now showing:
Visa Issuance
Passengers can obtain a visa on arrival.
(for the three nationalities I tried - Australia, Ireland and UK)
gawa and cargueiro like this.
Old Aug 13, 2023, 2:20 pm

Thank you, I've been trying to apply for the eVisa the last couple days but when I get to the screen where you upload the photo it times out each time when I attempt to complete the registration. I'll continue applying but it's good to know TIMATIC is updated with regards to visas on arrival.
Old Aug 14, 2023, 8:44 pm

Just an update - the eVisa site is working for me now.
pandaperth and cargueiro like this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 3:41 pm

I just got back from Kenya. Departed from SFO and they checked my visa there. It was checked again at immigration in Nairobi.
Old Dec 25, 2023, 10:59 am

Any updates on this? I seem to be unable to access the evisa site (from the US) atm.
Is visa on arrival still an option?
Old Dec 25, 2023, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Apparently Kenya will shift to no visa required for most nationalities from 1 January. However, the word is that it will still be required to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization online and it will cost $30. Supposedly the site for this will be up and running tomorrow, 27 December. My flight is on the 4th so I'm sweating out the implementation of this as well.
Old Dec 26, 2023, 5:15 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by arabiamark
Apparently Kenya will shift to no visa required for most nationalities from 1 January. However, the word is that it will still be required to obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization online and it will cost $30. Supposedly the site for this will be up and running tomorrow, 27 December. My flight is on the 4th so I'm sweating out the implementation of this as well.
I am in the same predicament. Supposed to be flying on the 3rd. I submitted an evisa application today which according to the website is processing. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 12:59 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Originally Posted by heb999
I am in the same predicament. Supposed to be flying on the 3rd. I submitted an evisa application today which according to the website is processing. Keeping my fingers crossed.
I did the same. The website I mentioned is now saying that it will be up and running 'in a few days.' That doesn't cut it for those of us who have flights in about a week. I also hope my evisa application is in time. Another blurb on the afformentioned website in progress says that only evisas issued on or before the 31st will be vaild in the new year.
Old Dec 28, 2023, 11:25 pm

Good news. The evisa was approved in an amazing 12 hours. And it was within the first 2 morning business hours Kenya time. Pretty impressive for bureaucracy. I did have to pay $55, credit card charge included. This is in comparison to the 30 bucks that the ETA is said to cost. But at least now I have peace of mind about my checkin for the flight and entry into the country. Now I can concentrate on planning the actual time there.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 1:56 am

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
The new eVisa web site is up.
Passport holders of most countries will still require an eVisa.
Various Africa, Caribbean and South Pacific countries (plus some other countries) will not require a visa.
I'm still reading...

Edited to Add:
And the ETA site is now up as well - Apply for your eTA to Kenya only on this Official Government website. (etakenya.go.ke)

Last edited by pandaperth; Jan 1, 2024 at 4:36 am
Old Jan 5, 2024, 4:51 pm

Previously you did not need an eVisa if just connecting through the airport to a destination outside Kenya, but it's not clear whether that has changed, and you need ETA as the site says all passengers require it and makes no distinction between transit or entry.

We will be transiting through the airport from JFK to SEZ on KQ with a 10-hour connection in NBO in March. We don't plan to leave the airport on this leg. On the way back we have an 18-hour connection and had planned to enter the country on an eVisa and do an excursion to the Nairobi National Park, Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, Giraffe Centre etc. Does anyone know if we need ETA for one or both legs? or do we still need an eVisa for the return and dont need anything when transiting. I know its early days and there seems to be a lot of confusion, but we don't want any nasty surprises if I mess up the required paperwork!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.