Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Uber from Lagos airport - any experiences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2017, 11:19 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !

Anyone tried it/is it easy?

[I've got a local SIM already and have Ubered in Lagos before without issue, it's really just logistics of finding the driver at the airport]

Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2017, 5:51 am
Original Poster

Really - nobody's tried taking Uber from MMIA?

If I do, I'll report back!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:23 pm

Programs: IC.Spire Amb. Turkish Elite
Done it twice. The last time two weeks ago. The main problem is getting a suitable meeting point especially if you have luggage.The best description for meeting is what is called "under the First bridge"' This is under the overpass to the departure drop stage to the left as you exit arrival. The location is usually chaotic and extremely difficult to identify your ride. You have to maintain constant phone contact with the driver.
I usually avoid this problem by using the car hire service Verite located just as soon as you clear customs. They have cars parked near the "First Bridge"
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by havepointswilltravel
Done it twice. The last time two weeks ago. The main problem is getting a suitable meeting point especially if you have luggage.The best description for meeting is what is called "under the First bridge"' This is under the overpass to the departure drop stage to the left as you exit arrival. The location is usually chaotic and extremely difficult to identify your ride. You have to maintain constant phone contact with the driver.
I usually avoid this problem by using the car hire service Verite located just as soon as you clear customs. They have cars parked near the "First Bridge"
Thanks for this. However, as of late October they have opened a new multi-story parking garage just beyond that first bridge (as you walk left from arrivals) and the ground floor of that is the new official Uber pickup point. Obviously it can't cope with the scrum, so there are now long queues to get into the garage to collect - I called my driver and walked back along the queue to jump in there and we were able to just drive through the arrivals section of the airport and out. Easy in daytime, would have been trickier at night when it's very hard to check cars/licence plates, etc.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Uber drivers in Lagos are using a fake GPS app to inflate rider fares

https://qz.com/1127853/uber-drivers-...o-boost-fares/
Old Nov 17, 2017, 8:57 pm

Programs: IC.Spire Amb. Turkish Elite
Thank you Stewie Mac for the update.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.