Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Planning an all guys trip to South Africa over new years

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Thumbs up Planning an all guys trip to South Africa over new years

We are four friends (Indians) have planned our trip to SA over the new years, tickets to and fro SA already done and now we want to finalise our itinerary. we land and go back from JNB. Need your help planning the trip.

three of us land on 29th in the afternoon, one will come on 30th in the afternoon. So we have one day in Johan, 30th in the evening we plan to fly to george and take a car there .

Below is the tentative itinerary. Please give your inputs.

31-Dec - Knysna - Wilderness Natural Reserve & Beaches, Tandem Paragliding in Wilderness, Victoria Bay & Sedgefield

01-Jan - Plettenberg Bay - Visit Knysna and surroundings, Buffels Bay & Brenton-on-sea, Featherbed Nature Reserve

02-Jan - Nature's Valley - Plettenberg Bay, Whale Watching & Water Sports, Robberg Nature Reserve (Optional)

03-Jan - Storms River - Early Morning Bungee Jump, Visit Nature's Valley Trek and Lagoon

04-Jan - Mossel Bay - Morning 22km Bike Trail, Visit Tsitsikamma National Park, Evening dirve back to Mossel Bay"

05-Jan - Sky Dive and rest

Cape Town"
06-Jan Morning drive to CPT 4 DAYS Cape Town Visit :
Cape Town Safari, Table Mountain National Park & LOTS TO DO !"
07-Jan
08-Jan
09-Jan
10- Jan Fly back to Jo'burg and eventually back home same day.

I would like to know a few things

1. Suggestions for improvements to existing plan
2. Somethings I have missed and I should not
3. 4 days in CPT and things to do in CPT.
4. We will rent a car in George on 30th evening and plan to return the same after reaching CPT. We think two days with car in CPT and two days with local transport.
5. Please advise things HAVE to do in CPT.
6. What to do in Jo'burg for a day (29th afternoon to 30th afternoon)

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 10, 2015, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Any input guys ?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 6:02 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Your itinerary seems do-able.

For Cape Town, cable car (or hike) to Table Mountain, and also see who does parasailing since you guys seem to be into that.

Vineyards, (if you drink) - there are plenty.
Golf??
Shark diving.
Have a meal at Kalkies at Kalk Bay -- an experience.

Remember that it will be high season, expect queues and not so good pricing, but the weather should behave.

For JNB, you could go the Lion park (if you have not seen lions yet), Maropeng (where they have just announced new fossil finds).

Hector Pietersen Memorial, Apartheid Museum.

Enjoy.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 1:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Make sure to take a day to explore the Cape peninsula and the Cape of Good Hope and Cape Point. Stop at Hout Bay and at Simon's Town, where there is a penguin colony worth seeing. There is a nice hike from Cape of Good Hope to Cape Point, through you might want to have one person drive to pick you up, as a round trip hike might be more than you like.

Try DayTrippers (http://www.daytrippers.co.za/Day%20t...ape_point.html) for the Cape Point trip on one of the days you don't have a car in Cape Town. I was very pleased with my trip with them. The provide a great guide, transport, entrance fees, lunch, and bikes for R690 per person, with entrance fees being R160, so basically a nice trip for R530.

Alternatively, for the two days you don't have a car in Cape Town, get 2-day tickets on the hop on hop off bus, which will take you all around town and to Table Mountain as well as to 3 different wineries and down to Hout Bay. Stop wherever you like for as long as you like, and catch the next bus. You also get a 45 minute harbor cruise free with the ticket.
https://www.citysightseeing.co.za/cape-town

Again, I felt this was a nicely run operation and cost R270 for a two day ticket.

If you are in Cape Town, I really recommend visiting Robben Island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for many years. This will take at least half a day, and you should purchase tickets ahead of time online since that is peak tourist season.

Have fun! It is a beautiful part of the world!

Cheers,

Doc

P.S. A great restaurant in Wilderness is BeeJuice Cafe in the old train station. Superb kudu steak!

Last edited by Doc Savage; Sep 21, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.