Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Airport transit visa for Zambia

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Airport transit visa for Zambia

Due to a flight date change, I now am booked on a flight that has a 1 hour stopover in Lusaka en route to my final destination.

As an Indian citizen, I require an airport transit visa for Zambia even if I don't intend to enter the country. However, the Zambian Immigration Department says that they only issue transit visas for passengers in transit by road and that I would therefore need to obtain a tourist visa (even though I don't intend to enter the country or even get off the plane). I can't apply for a tourist visa since this requires an invitation letter from the place I am staying and as stated before, I don't intend to stay in Zambia or even leave Lusaka airport.

Any ideas on how to get around this issue without having to cancel the ticket and rebook via somewhere else?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
Is this on ET? My understanding has always been those ET flights that stop en route to somewhere else aren't the same as transiting the country in question since you don't ever get off the plane. I'd ring up the airline on this one to be sure but pretty sure you don't need a visa on these flights.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

I bit the bullet and paid to change the flights. Didn't have the stomach to argue with the check-in agents over the need for the visa.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.