Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by johan rebel
Good old days indeed!

Johan
So what do you suggest in terms on these two points?

1. Shall I travel all the way there for just 3 game drives?
2. What hotel would you recommend?
Old Jan 1, 2011, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lallyr
So what do you suggest in terms on these two points?

1. Shall I travel all the way there for just 3 game drives?
2. What hotel would you recommend?
If this is your one and only opportunity, I would say go for it.

As far as lodge choice is concerned, and assuming you want to restrict your options to the Sabi-Sands, I would recommend going for one of the established operators with substantial traversing areas. They are of course more expensive, and you pay for all sorts of luxuries I'm sure you can do without for two days; but they do run a pretty slick show, which maximizes your chances of seeing a wide selection of animals in a short period of time.

The lodges in question are: MalaMala, Singita, Londolozi and Lion Sands. They all have river frontage, but assuming the rainy season will be normal, that is not really so important in April. Federal Air can get you to all of them.

Which one? I would suggest you opt for whichever happens to offer you the best deal.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.