Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

LAX-DUB on EI> Worth earning points on EI? Alternative FF program?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2008, 5:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA CO DL NW UA US

Aer Lingus flyers: Is is worth accumulating EI points when elderly parents are infrequent travelers? Which is best alternative FF to use on upcoming EI flight PSP-DUB in rate class "R"? Can't seem to find FF program that gives credit or much of it for this discount rate class. American says only gives credit for rate classes Y, H, K, B. British Airways gives only 1291 miles one-way and not sure of rate class restrictions. Aer Lingus phone lines closed after 6:15pm EST so cannot ask them.

Elderly parents' travel is usually PSP-DUB OR SNN, occasional trips PSP-YUL, PSP-BOS. Usually use DE or UA.

Thank you for any advice by more frequent travelers on EI.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 10:33 pm

EI is a total joke, their own program TAB is terrible with little or no benefits
You can find details on their web site.

Even if you wanted to credit to AA, you have to buy the more expensive fares and AA and EI are splitting up in October anyway. They will be teaming up with UA and apparently UA will be code sharing with UA so the UA code share might be the best way to go if they alraedy have Ua miles.

They would be better off flying AA into Dublin from ORD if they want AA miles

Hope this helps.

We are all in the sam eboat now with flying EI and getting zero reward. EI is really now just a LCC.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA CO DL NW UA US
Thanks for the advice, eireman.

Well, since my parents are flying tomorrow (I didn't get involved in this until this morning), I won't bother signing them up for a new American Advantage membership but will just use their British Airways FF number and take the few miles they give for their Household Account.

Will steer them clear of Aer Lingus Gold Circle program.

Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.