Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Tier Credit earning now possible on BA issued tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Credit earning now possible on BA issued tickets

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2024, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mccartje
Surely a oneworld tie in has to be involved here no? Or is there some technical work around via the IAG group.
it took almost 9 years for this IAG "tie in" to be introduced....and there's still a lot more of IAG tie-ups remaining to be implemented.

It's definitely another (big) step in the road, but let's not expect things to happen so fast....
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:22 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
BA and EI IT is already linked as avios earning works so its fairly trivial to enable tier points, remember this worked in Gold Circle days. IB use a different system, but thats the system EI uses at Spanish airports so should be straight forward enough
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ROKNA
BA and EI IT is already linked as avios earning works so its fairly trivial to enable tier points, remember this worked in Gold Circle days.
Exactly my point; it has clearly been policy to integrate at such a glacial pace.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
As per head for points,full BA tier points now on EI ticketed flights
so 280 ba tp's on a tatl bought on aerlingus.com
its a pity their fares are so un competitive direct at the moment
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:57 am

BA holidays currently running a double tier points promo. Need to check if these can now be credited to EI
Old Apr 3, 2024, 4:52 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Any promotions BA runs would only apply to BA
Old Apr 3, 2024, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mailliW
BA holidays currently running a double tier points promo. Need to check if these can now be credited to EI
No, you don't get the double points when flying on EI, as already discussed in the counterpart thread over under BA
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
Brilliant step forward! Does anyone know if AerSpace tickets get credited as BA Club (40 tier points)? The ticket is essentially a variation of economy so my thinking is it’s still economy tier points.

Do we know if there’s any rumours on EI joining OW? Or mutual status recognition?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
At the moment BA's earning chart says 0 tier points for AerSpace (I class).
ASHFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:27 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Gold, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by DELLAS
We have been looking at the same thing
I have a feeling my CC is about to take a hammering . Also a few DUB-LON-XXX CE returns are in order for 200 TPs .
Unless I’m missing something, the refund and changeability of business with BA is significantly more…
Old Apr 3, 2024, 11:53 am

Programs: EI Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ASHFlyer
Brilliant step forward! Does anyone know if AerSpace tickets get credited as BA Club (40 tier points)? The ticket is essentially a variation of economy so my thinking is it’s still economy tier points.

Do we know if there’s any rumours on EI joining OW? Or mutual status recognition?
I wouldn’t bet on mutual status recognition happening outside of OW.

As for OW, I remain sceptical about this happening in the near-term given the cost and complexities involved. EI seem to have limited appetite for it. I do hope I am wrong.
ASHFlyer likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:57 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
There's definitely some integration happening in the background, I'm seeing a lot more AA <-> EI options which I previously didn't see (in the past 12 months or so). Whether that's to keep the wolf (regulators) from the door for the time being in terms of producing something tangible for the JV I don't know.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
There's definitely some integration happening in the background, I'm seeing a lot more AA <-> EI options which I previously didn't see (in the past 12 months or so).
https://mediacentre.aerlingus.com/pr...ails/108/18123
ChurnieEls likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 4:54 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Life, EI Concierge, BA Silver
I'm not so sure about this .. it may end up raising a lot of boats to Concierge Tier leading to either an increase in the number of points required to achieve this level or a reduction in benefits. The closest BA Gold benefit to the Free companion and 4 free upgrades aren't offered until they have 3,500 TP (I'm not an expert and it's not exactly the same from what I recall .. but close).
Old Apr 4, 2024, 5:16 am

Programs: EI Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by keatm1
I'm not so sure about this .. it may end up raising a lot of boats to Concierge Tier leading to either an increase in the number of points required to achieve this level or a reduction in benefits. The closest BA Gold benefit to the Free companion and 4 free upgrades aren't offered until they have 3,500 TP (I'm not an expert and it's not exactly the same from what I recall .. but close).
In the long-run, and particularly if EI join OW, I could see EI re-aligning the program to more closely match BAEC, with the bar for Concierge being raised to 1,500 TPs and a reduction in Silver benefits.
sven60035 and DELLAS like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.