Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Tier Credit earning now possible on BA issued tickets

Tier Credit earning now possible on BA issued tickets

Old Apr 10, 2024, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by mccartje
Well this is it. It will either make no difference so you may as well not have logged in OR it could result in the booking still showing in your account and under manage trips etc but it won't credit any avios or tier credits to aerclub. So I'm not sure on this and someone would have to test it out.
I already have tested it out.

I made 2 bookings at the weekend; the first while logged in to Aer Club (and which has my Aer Club FFP irremovably associated with it, as shown above), the second while not logged in to Aer Club at all and which has no FFP details.

Both bookings show up while I am logged into the website (on the "Manage Trip" tab, click "My Upcoming Trips"). Having the same email address is enough for the Aer Lingus website to consolidate all bookings when the person with that email address is logged in to Aer Club (so long as you use the same email address that is associated with your Aer Club account)
Attached Images  
Old Apr 10, 2024, 7:34 am

Booking in the app allows you to change your FF number as you please when booking.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 9:28 am

I've just had an Aer Lingus flight booked for my by a travel agent. It's DUB to BRS so operated by Emerald. Do I get BA TPs and Avois if I add my BA Exec Club number to the booking? Also do I get any benefits as BA Silver?
Old Apr 10, 2024, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by mediamonkey
I've just had an Aer Lingus flight booked for my by a travel agent. It's DUB to BRS so operated by Emerald. Do I get BA TPs and Avois if I add my BA Exec Club number to the booking? Also do I get any benefits as BA Silver?
You can get TPs and Avios, but you won't get any tier benefits.
mediamonkey likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 3:42 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
You can change the FFP at the Check-In stage online also. Certainly in the App, Im not 100% sure about desktop. Lets see how long credits take. I flew on Tuesday.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 5:48 am

Can you credit to BA and use AerClub benefits still?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by infrequentwings
Can you credit to BA and use AerClub benefits still?
If you mean lounge access and priority boarding yes just show your digital card at lounge and at boarding gate .
Old Apr 11, 2024, 9:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
I booked a fully flexible advantage fare DUB TFS with lounge access,the dearest one available and paid an extra 20 for seat 1 F and its z class,earning a whopping 5 tier points on BA
now on this occasion I wanted this flight,but this is a very good reason why I usually dont fly EI medium or shorthaul lately
For a similar price,I could have flown IB business class with a connection utilising a nice lounge at MAD and got 80 tierpoints each way on BA
DELLAS likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Earthman
now on this occasion I wanted this flight
I can't imagine why you'd want that flight over the alternative you mentioned!!!

You were tagging along with others who'd already booked that flight??
Old Apr 11, 2024, 5:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I can't imagine why you'd want that flight over the alternative you mentioned!!!

You were tagging along with others who'd already booked that flight??
yup !
Old Apr 12, 2024, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Earthman
For a similar price,I could have flown IB business class with a connection utilising a nice lounge at MAD and got 80 tierpoints each way on BA
In fairness outside the hallowed halls of Flyertalk, many people would indeed pay a premium for a non-stop flight that saves them 3 hours travelling and takes away the risk of mis-connecting etc.

Thats why non-stops are generally more expensive that connecting.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 8:42 am

Programs: Delta SKYMILES GM 1MM, BRITISH AIRWAYS GOLD, HHONOURS DIAMOND, PRIORITY PASS
Awesome news. I actually switched from Delta (Skyteam) to BA (Oneworld) back in 2016 as assumed this would happen back then after EI were bought. Got an unheard of Status match from Delta Platinum to BA Silver.

Been a Gold with BA ever since but probably won't bother going for it again in 2025. Had considered Silver with BA and qualifying with Aer Lingus for lounge access.

If they give Oneworld status options then that will be the icing on the cake
Old Apr 13, 2024, 7:05 am

Programs: AerClub
Hi, BA sell tickets for Iberia, JAL etc.

If purchased from BA site and fly with the above will you receive TPs for EI as these are BA ticketed services under OW airlines.

Ive looked at flights to Madrid and Japan next month under the BA site Im close to sliver and want to share the TPs if available to remain EI Conc until next Mar 25.

Thanks all

Last edited by Daragh; Apr 13, 2024 at 8:25 am
Old Apr 13, 2024, 11:15 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Nope, rules

BA or EI ticket
+
BA or EI flight number or codeshare number
+
BA or EI metal (or franchise)
stifle likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 6:03 am

Mondays flight credited this morning .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.