Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Buy a Reward Flight now directly on Aer Lingus Website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy a Reward Flight now directly on Aer Lingus Website

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2024, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by BrianDromey
It a shame that you cant view your AerClub account details or combine Avios.
Is Combine My Avios gone? There doesn't seem to be any way to log into the Irish Avios site any more and I tried to use the combine feature on the BA site and it doesn't recognise my EI/Avios login
Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:02 am

Programs: EI Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by blagger
Is Combine My Avios gone? There doesn't seem to be any way to log into the Irish Avios site any more and I tried to use the combine feature on the BA site and it doesn't recognise my EI/Avios login
I do hope this gets fixed ASAP. The inability to transfer Avios between partner airlines negates the benefit of having a common currency.

If only there could be a central website for booking all Reward Flights on EI/BA/IB that actually works. This would remove the need to transfer Avios between partner airlines. They could call it Avios.com.
blagger likes this.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 6:15 am

Just did award booking very easy no errors and email confirmation through right away .
So far so good Had to manually add the booking to the App but not a big deal.
Old Mar 27, 2024, 1:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by blagger
Yes, I noticed that - on BA it has Avios Partners and Iberia and the Avios login for EI doesn't work.

I'd say it'll come back though, so it's probably just IT in transition.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:50 am

Programs: EI AC Silver, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Yes, I noticed that - on BA it has Avios Partners and Iberia and the Avios login for EI doesn't work.

I did manage to move BA avios to EI 2 days ago using that page on the BA website. That was using my EI logon details for the avios partner selection. So as you say probably will come back and just part of the bedding in process of the new site.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 5:06 am

Programs: BA GGL, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
For Avios bookings with EI, in Business, what is the situation on refunds, cancel, change dates etc?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by iainbean
For Avios bookings with EI, in Business, what is the situation on refunds, cancel, change dates etc?
Same as BA
DELLAS likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:43 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus
Originally Posted by FlightDetective

Fingers crossed - otherwise double whammy for customers in the last few weeks.

EI economy redemptions seem to be reasonable value, TATL especially.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spotted an unusual "price" for a business redemption to JFK for Saturday....
Attached Images  
Pete_23567 likes this.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Spotted an unusual "price" for a business redemption to JFK for Saturday....
Yes slightly odd, some reason for it I'm sure. I wonder is it around people who don't earn avios normally and instead purchase avios for redemptions if it makes financial sense. If you had a balance of 0 (but did have past activity on your account within 3 years) you'd have to make a second avios purchase (60k + 2k) or a good bit more than you need (70k). I'm just speculating though, might just be an IT oddity.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mccartje
Yes slightly odd, some reason for it I'm sure. I wonder is it around people who don't earn avios normally and instead purchase avios for redemptions if it makes financial sense.
I'm not sure I get you.

This was the only date - of several - where the "fare" was 60,001, whereas it was the normal 50,000 on every date that I checked that had availability.

The price displayed should not be dependent on factors such as whether people don't earn Avios normally and instead purchase Avios - and I'm not one of those people anyway!
Old Apr 4, 2024, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
I'm not sure I get you.

This was the only date - of several - where the "fare" was 60,001, whereas it was the normal 50,000 on every date that I checked that had availability.

The price displayed should not be dependent on factors such as whether people don't earn Avios normally and instead purchase Avios - and I'm not one of those people anyway!

Well the 60k part is because its a peak date fare not the off peak 50k. The extra 1 is on other peak dates for business fares (see image). I don't think the price displayed changes based on the individual but rather the price shown (to everyone) might be to catch out those who don't normally earn avios as I doubt an extra 1 avios would mean anything to a normal collector but might to someone who purchases avios or gets them in even tranches via another source. Again its only my speculation as to why the extra 1 is there, I'd say its evens that its a glitch.

Old Apr 6, 2024, 11:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I’m looking at NAP-DUB-ORD award all on EI but the system only seems to allow one segment either to/from DUB. Is there any workaround?

I have never booked EI award outside of DUB to EU. But now I’m also wondering if one can book EI awards with segments fully within the US on partners like AA and UA. Like DUB-ORD-DFW.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 4:02 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Well the question is does the 5pm seat edit voodoo apply to tickets issued now or not

Previously Avios tickets were issued by BA, but now they are issued by EI so should appear as normal tickets on the EI website so should be included in the daily manual seat edit run so the row 2-7 isle seat assignment should work ex Dublin as it does on revenue tickets for status holders
Is this actually a thing? Always thought there was no seat selection with status. Do they assign those who don’t have assigned seats who have status?
Old Apr 8, 2024, 12:59 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Its a thing, always was a thing but only on short haul ex Dublin

Check in after 9pm the day before travel, hit the sit me anywhere option and should be an isle seat rows 2-7, provided the ticket was sold by EI, your AerClub number was provided at time of booking and the ticket was issued before 5pm the day before travel

The open question is with this change in Avios tickets do they make that list on not??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.