Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Baggage/Seats on Aer Lingus flight purchased through Alaska (AS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2024, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold

I'm looking to purchase a flight (NCE-DUB) on Aer Lingus via Alaska's website in order to get full miles/EQM. It's unclear to me how these fares line up with the fare levels shown on Aer Lingus' own website in terms of what's included. I've seen in other posts relating to AA that partner bookings do include some limited baggage allowance, so assuming that also applies to AS? Is it a 10kg carry-on and 20kg checked bag per person for an intra-Europe economy flight? In this specific case, the fare appears to be booking into 'S' class.

And what about seating - is there any free seating allowance or is it only paid until check-in?

Of course Alaska's website and email confirmation are quite vague on these things. And I don't see anything about partner bookings on the Aer Lingus website.
Old Mar 21, 2024, 3:53 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
As the ticket was sold by Alaska you need to ask them, what's on the Aer Lingus website is for tickets sold by them via the website and is meaningless in this case

If booked through Alaska's website the 10kg carry on entitlement is automatic on all EI metal

Generally its 20kg checked and free seat selection applies to tickets ticketed by other carriers. Seat selection, no exit rows or the first 7 rows of the cabin
Old Mar 21, 2024, 4:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info!

Originally Posted by ROKNA
As the ticket was sold by Alaska you need to ask them
I did, and they basically told me to call Aer Lingus. They had no information on what's included. I did end up calling Aer Lingus, and they indicated that if it was booked via a GDS then it would include the 10kg carry-on and 20kg checked bag per person, but had no documentation to share that said that. I went ahead and booked the ticket, but now when I pull it up on the Aer Lingus website it shows no carry-on and no checked bag included. Probably just a website error? I'll call them to confirm.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by seadan
Thanks for the info!

I did, and they basically told me to call Aer Lingus. They had no information on what's included. I did end up calling Aer Lingus, and they indicated that if it was booked via a GDS then it would include the 10kg carry-on and 20kg checked bag per person, but had no documentation to share that said that. I went ahead and booked the ticket, but now when I pull it up on the Aer Lingus website it shows no carry-on and no checked bag included. Probably just a website error? I'll call them to confirm.
Did you call them again to confirm? What did they say?
Old Mar 30, 2024, 12:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Thanks for the info!

This is common for all GDS bookings, it does not show the carry-on or checked bag on the website or in the app.

You will get both, so no need to worry about that!
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hur88
Did you call them again to confirm? What did they say?
I was told the website was displaying incorrectly, that the 10kg carry-on and checked bag were included. However, I was told that I had to pay for a seat assignment. I thought at least some of the cabin was free and the seat map on EF isn't very full.

Edit: I just called again and this agent was able to assign seats for free without issue, and he reconfirmed the baggage inclusions. So all good for our flight in a couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
This is common for all GDS bookings, it does not show the carry-on or checked bag on the website or in the app.

You will get both, so no need to worry about that!
Good to know, thanks! It'd be nice if this were documented more clearly somewhere. I guess if Aer Lingus had it on their website it would cannibalize their direct sales.

Last edited by seadan; Apr 1, 2024 at 9:23 am
Old Apr 1, 2024, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
It's unclear to me how these fares line up with the fare levels shown on Aer Lingus' own website in terms of what's included.
Fare levels shown on Aer LIngus's website apply only to revenue tickets sold by Aer Lingus and issued on 053 stock.

Tickets issued by other airlines on other stock never "map" to any of the Aer LIngus fare families. But they generally come with the 1 free check-in bag and 1 free carry-on

Last edited by irishguy28; Apr 1, 2024 at 11:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.