Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Aer Lingus gains ground handling contracts at DUB

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci

From 6 June 2024, Aer Lingus will become the ground handler for British Airways, Iberia Express, and Vueling at Dublin Airport. The three airlines will move to Terminal 2.

No info yet on implications for lounges.
FlightDetective and MP001 like this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:24 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by stifle
From 6 June 2024, Aer Lingus will become the ground handler for British Airways, Iberia Express, and Vueling at Dublin Airport. The three airlines will move to Terminal 2.

No info yet on implications for lounges.

335 gates likely to get busier.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:39 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Vueling would be a hot bet for gate 335

335 is mostly unused after 10am, plenty of space down there
alserire likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 5:24 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
With all the messing going on with status and renewal dates you can't help get the feeling a purge is underway to make room for the BA flyers in the lounge

BA/IB will likely stay on 300 gates unless there is space on the 400's (i.e. after 4pm)
mb48 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:12 am

Programs: EI Platinum, BA Silver
Originally Posted by ROKNA
With all the messing going on with status and renewal dates you can't help get the feeling a purge is underway to make room for the BA flyers in the lounge

BA/IB will likely stay on 300 gates unless there is space on the 400's (i.e. after 4pm)
Yep, tend to agree, particularly for BA flights to LHR. This will push more EI metal to the dreaded South Gates which are easily the worst gates in the airport. I see more downside for EI pax than upside for BA ones with this move. The BA experience in T1 was perfectly fine.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 6:42 pm

It does make sense to harmonise IAG handling and it will be nice to check in and clear security for BA IB VY at T2 .
Old Mar 12, 2024, 1:57 am

This is good right? It means connecting from LCY to be the rest of the EI network gets simpler again.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 2:25 am

From a passenger point of view there is absolutely zero change apart from Vueling most likely operating out of the South Gates
irishguy28 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.