Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turnaround at Dublin

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2024, 7:40 am
Original Poster

Turnaround at Dublin

Doing a quick hop to DUB in pursuit of TPs (!) - on arrival at DUB is it possible to go through to connections bypassing security or do I have to go through immigration and back through security? I seem to remember coming back from ORD last year I just went through connections but wondered if it might be different when doing a there-and-back. Will also need to be able to pop in to duty free 😉
Old Mar 10, 2024, 8:18 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by gjc31
Doing a quick hop to DUB in pursuit of TPs (!) - on arrival at DUB is it possible to go through to connections bypassing security or do I have to go through immigration and back through security? I seem to remember coming back from ORD last year I just went through connections but wondered if it might be different when doing a there-and-back. Will also need to be able to pop in to duty free 😉
It should be possible. Can’t see any reason why not. In essence they don’t differentiate between a connection to a destination and returning to your point of origin as far as I know. And you’ll be able to access duty free if you get through flight connections.

But while I’d be fairly certain it’s possible I wouldn’t be 100 percent.
gjc31 likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
If you're arriving into T2 you will usually not need to go through security again, just boarding pass check and a (dedicated and quiet) passport control.

On a T1 arrival it's passport control, back to departures, and security.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:28 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
This is a little more nuanced

If you arrive before 4pm...
On EI regional
At south gates 335A-E
At 400 gates (except on Emirates)

You use the connections facility, no security, just a quick passport check and you are back into the terminal with access to both T2 and T1 from that point. This drops you in T2 400 gates pier around gate 412.

If you arrive at 300 gates, you have to go through security and passport control and a very long walk to get to the transfer point but this is slightly better if your departing gate is EI regional or 335A-E or 300 but you won't know until the day in question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.