Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AER CLUB's Strange Partner

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2023, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Flew 2 segments on UA Class K, and credited them to EI. Avios appeared promptly and precisely as expected at 75% of flown miles.
Now I just need to figure out how to move those Avios to BA. For some reason that process hasn't worked as smoothly as in my prior experiences with BA <-> IB.
Considering this as well but wondering if the 75% of flown miles has a floor of a certain amount (125? 250? 500?) as is the case for some frequent flyer programs.

I ask because I’m wondering if it’s worth opening an AerClub Avios account to collect BOS-EWR on UA and then move it to BA Avios (maybe via IB if needed). BOS-EWR is only a 200 mile trip.
Old Sep 19, 2023, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by salut0
... I’m wondering if it’s worth opening an AerClub Avios account to collect BOS-EWR on UA and then move it to BA Avios (maybe via IB if needed). BOS-EWR is only a 200 mile trip.
Here's a potential argument to bother with earning from short trips -- Avios balances require periodic activity to stay alive. All those transfers should qualify as "activity".
Old Oct 2, 2023, 11:14 am

How long does United generally take to credit to AerClub? Flew yesterday with the numbers in the booking and on the boarding passes.
Old Oct 2, 2023, 11:51 am

Programs: Curve card giant piss-taking knobhead programme
Couple of days last time I did it.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 5:10 am

They’ve credited, but fewer Avios than I expected: 50 Avios for BOS-EWR, which is 200mi according to GC map. United N class credits to AerClub at 50% according to wheretocredit.com — has that changed to 25%?

edited to add: should definitely have been 50%, at least according to AerClub’s own website which shows the following:

Last edited by salut0; Oct 3, 2023 at 10:05 am
Old Oct 3, 2023, 2:58 pm

Those quoted rates make no mention of tier points - is it safe to assume that none of those flights with partners accrue tier points in aer club, only avios?
Old Oct 3, 2023, 4:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ITA Club Executive, Mucci
Originally Posted by infrequentwings
Those quoted rates make no mention of tier points - is it safe to assume that none of those flights with partners accrue tier points in aer club, only avios?
Correct.

Tier points only on Aer Lingus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.