Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

AerClub Address could not be validated

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AK MVP Gold, EK Gold, LH Silver, Hyatt Gold, BW Gold, Avis Preferred, NationalCar Emerald

I have been trying to join AerClub and everything I do is comes up with an error that "the address could not be validated". Anyone know what is wrong? Tried with both my UK and USA address
Old Jul 7, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: Southwest Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by planet_erg
I have been trying to join AerClub and everything I do is comes up with an error that "the address could not be validated". Anyone know what is wrong? Tried with both my UK and USA address
Good luck and don't expect any meaningful help. I joined AerClub back in March before booking travel to Ireland for a June departure. I was able to get the account set up fine but after I booked the travel through my Corporate travel system the problems started. I was unable to manage my reservation that showed up on my AerClub account and spent months with email and phone calls trying to get it fixed. Was told it was a mismatch between the emails for AerClub and my corporate travel system but also a mismatch between my name on the corporate travel system (middle initial included) and the AerClub account (no middle initial). I sent in copies of my passport and all kinds of stuff but to no avail. Yesterday when I came home from Dublin it sure would have been nice, because I could not check in online (some silly error) I had to wait in the desk check in line for an hour instead of being able to use the kiosk when went pretty quickly. I am thinking now I need to kill my current AerLingus account and create a new one that perfectly matches the information in my corporate travel system.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 7:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
My guess is that your address is too long.

My street address is 29 characters in total if written out fully; I reduced it to 21 characters - just inside the limit - by abbreviating the first two names of the street name to their leading initials. Be creative! Be imaginative! You're likely never going to receive anything in the mail from Aer Club so it doesn't really matter what address you give - as long as with some reading it matches your actual address.

Note also that spaces count as one of the 22 available characters

Example: Jean Baptiste Point du Sable Lake Shore Drive - > JBPdS Lake Shore Dr

Please let us know if this solves your problem.

https://www.aerlingus.com/aerclub/about-aerclub/faqs/
Attached Images  
Old Jul 13, 2022, 9:43 am

Aer Lingus Aer Club,
Aer Lingus Head Office,

2nd Floor Iolar House,
Dublin Airport,
Co. Dublin

😉

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.