Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

How do I check in when first leg is on jet blue?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Deleted, thanks.

Last edited by whitewave; May 29, 2022 at 9:10 am
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Normally JetBlue are happy to sort out seats over Twitter if you ask nicely.

Its an international flight so go to in person check in at JetBlue and they should be able to check you in on both flights, be sure any luggage checked in is tagged to 'DUB'

If they can't issue the boarding card, when you get to BOS speak to the Aer Lingus gate agent, you have to do this anyway as they have to check your passport/visa information as Jet Blue won't do this.

On the way back, Aer Lingus, check in again in person and ask for the JetBlue boarding card and that should be issued, it helps if you have a seat allocated, but sometimes it works automatically, If they can't issue the boarding card, again on arrival in BOS find the gate agent or any customer service from JetBlue and they will sort it there and then.
whitewave likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 12:25 pm
Original Poster

Deleted, thanks.

Last edited by whitewave; May 29, 2022 at 9:10 am
Old Apr 12, 2022, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Get the JetBlue PNR from Aer Lingus. Then go online and assign yourself seats. No need to speak with JetBlue at all.
whitewave likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, what is PNR? It will be a lot easier I think to do this myself.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by whitewave
Thank you, what is PNR? It will be a lot easier I think to do this myself.
PNR (Passenger name record). It's the 6 digit alpha-numeric code for your reservation. While you have one ticket/ one reservation, Aer Lingus and JetBlue most likely have unique codes. Aer Lingus should be able to provide you with the JetBlue pnr.
whitewave likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 1:05 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
I've never got this to work...
whitewave likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Thank you so much, everyone. I DM’d jet blue on Twitter and offered them virtual flowers and a drink emoji because I know they are dealing with many irate passengers right now. They were able to select our seats and I’m glad I asked because leg 1 the seats are two rows away from each other but they were able to seat us together on the return. She is emailing the information to us.

I’m so glad I asked here.
Old Apr 13, 2022, 10:52 am

Jetblue are lovely over Twitter

On the way back Aer Lingus in person check in will be able to issue the JetBlue boarding card as you seats assigned.
whitewave likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.