Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

DUB Terminal 2 security today 1500-1600 beware

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DUB Terminal 2 security today 1500-1600 beware

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2022, 12:46 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
At 4am the T2 queue is 10-15 minutes at most
Peak is around 5-530 ~20 minutes

Actually pretty must like it was before COVID to be fair

Things get ugly around 10-12 when the US flights head out can get to 30-40 minutes
mccartje likes this.
Old May 27, 2022, 6:59 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Does anyone had experience of security times around Saturday midday?

We are short of fastrack for one of the kids so hoping they will be amenable in T1 (as T2 will be closes at 10am), don't fancy the main queue.
Old May 27, 2022, 8:04 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Not good would be the answer, it tends to get busy again 10-1 when the second wave of departures and TATL take place

Arrive in good time, be fine
Old May 27, 2022, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by EIFREZY
Does anyone had experience of security times around Saturday midday?

We are short of fastrack for one of the kids so hoping they will be amenable in T1 (as T2 will be closes at 10am), don't fancy the main queue.
T2 fast track was fairly pointless last Saturday in any case. It was only filtering you into the main line at the boarding pass check anyway. It probably saved 5 minutes. Security only took 15 mins though, so it really does seem to be very variable at the minute. Economy bag drop however looked horrendous, the line stretched most of the way across the ground floor.
Old May 27, 2022, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Around 5am yesterday

Old May 28, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Not good would be the answer, it tends to get busy again 10-1 when the second wave of departures and TATL take place

Arrive in good time, be fine
Airport was very busy, as you said, thankfully Aerclub check in was quiet. Went via Fastrack in T1, took 30mins or so.

No issues getting though fastrack with the extra kid, not even queried.
Old May 29, 2022, 4:20 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Very bad again this morning reportedly. Lot of flights delayed. What the hell is going on.
Old May 29, 2022, 5:02 am

DAA don't like talking about it but they failed a security audit and it likely additional measures, more random bag secondaries etc are in place currently

Certainly from speaking to friends they are getting a lot of secondary checks which are 'random' i.e. nothing observed on X ray. Thats going to really mess up throughput
Old May 29, 2022, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by alserire
Very bad again this morning reportedly. Lot of flights delayed. What the hell is going on.
looks terrible just seen below on rte
https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/0529/13...ublin-airport/
Old May 29, 2022, 6:08 am

DAA on radio now admitting they hadn’t enough staff on. Not that they don’t have enough staff. But not enough rostered on.

This is absolutely scandalous.
Old May 29, 2022, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Its horrific today at DUB . I have friends flying out to a few places and they have sent me pics and videos and I honestly think its the worst ever seen . Im dreading the June BH . There are indeed secondary checks and also I have noticed a random check point where a few security staff and a member of airport police are stationed outside the Guinness shop in T2 as you head to the gates. The government need to step in otherwise there will be more fights breaking out. daa have shown they have lost control of the situation and need outside intervention to
get the airport running properly. Its having a massive reputational effect abroad as these scenes are all over media/social media. More worrying if another security breach a few days ago where a passenger got onto an aircraft without a boarding pass and got through security.
brewster and alserire like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 7:12 am

I’ve a 6 a.m. in a couple of weeks from T2 on a Saturday. Genuinely wondering what time to show up at. 2 a.m.?

This need to be sorted immediately. Bank holiday next weekend.
brewster likes this.
Old May 29, 2022, 8:19 am

lhr_snn_lhr this evening cancelled. It's operated by a dublin based crew. I guess this is a result of delays at dub today.
Old May 29, 2022, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alserire
I’ve a 6 a.m. in a couple of weeks from T2 on a Saturday. Genuinely wondering what time to show up at. 2 a.m.?

This need to be sorted immediately. Bank holiday next weekend.
Im travelling BH Monday and seriously concerned also even with Fast Track . Im actually considering the ferry to Liverpool overnight . Its just a mess . The response from daa :

" Head of Communications at daa Kevin Cullinane said they are "deeply sorry" for the disruption caused to passengers who have faced long delays with some missing their flights.
Mr Cullinane said they did not have enough lanes open in security for the numbers that presented early this morning. "That caused a compounding effect throughout the morning", he said."

https://www.rte.ie/news/2022/0529/13...ublin-airport/

SERIOUSLY ? Is this the kind of idiots running our airports ? Sunday end of May and they don't know how many lanes they need !
Spiff, brewster and alserire like this.
Old May 29, 2022, 10:38 am

I'd say a refund of all passenger charges this weekend...

Until the CAR start to really hurt the DAA with huge fines nothing will change

CAR needs to mandate the new 3D scanners ASAP
DELLAS, brewster and alserire like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.