Advice in light of new covid rules

Old Dec 20, 20, 6:43 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7
Advice in light of new covid rules

With travel now band between Scotland and the rest of the UK, are Aer Lingus regional flights likely to go ahead over the Christmas period?
Ideally they would be cancelled and I would get a full refund.
I know I can move the flight but there aren't really any other suitable dates over the next year. It would be frustrating to move the flights now, to some random date, to then find out the flights would have been cancelled and refunded anyway.
ed_flyer is offline  
Old Dec 20, 20, 1:28 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: EIDW
Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Posts: 1,100
If the flight operates you get no refund, so change the flights to a date up to 11 months ahead, a voucher will probably be an option.

Chances are some flights will operate in a freight only mode between UK and IE, if that happens then its a refund
ROKNA is offline  
Old Dec 21, 20, 2:21 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: EIDW
Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Posts: 1,100
Current status is

EI flights to the UK are still flying and accepting passengers.
EI flights UK to IE are now freight only. Full refund will apply, flight numbers have been changed to 88x, 99x to signify positioning, not revenue

Last edited by ROKNA; Dec 21, 20 at 5:54 am
ROKNA is offline  
Old Dec 21, 20, 3:48 am
  #4  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 7
I have a UK to UK flight tomorrow. No sign of cancellation so I've moved it to some random date in February. Will be annoying if tomorrows flight is cancelled last minute and I could've got a refund.
ed_flyer is offline  
Old Dec 21, 20, 3:51 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: EIDW
Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Posts: 1,100
Domestic EI UK operations seem not to be impacted currently, but there is a possibility of a ban in Northern Ireland also
ROKNA is offline  
Old Dec 23, 20, 10:59 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,976
Doesnt look like a UK Domestic flight ban anytime soon . Irish ex pats are taking advantage of the loophole and booking into BHD then getting across the border to ROI.
DELLAS is offline  
Old Dec 27, 20, 1:54 pm
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 10,367
Does anyone know if EI is waiving change/cancellation fees on Avios Business Class award tickets?
fly747first is offline  
Old Dec 28, 20, 9:39 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: EIDW
Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Posts: 1,100
Originally Posted by fly747first View Post
Does anyone know if EI is waiving change/cancellation fees on Avios Business Class award tickets?
You would have to talk to Avios about that as EI doesn't issue these tickets themselves. If the flight is cancelled, then you do get a full refund obviously
ROKNA is offline  
Old Dec 28, 20, 8:23 pm
  #9  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: East Coast
Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY, HILTON DIAMOND
Posts: 10,367
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post
You would have to talk to Avios about that as EI doesn't issue these tickets themselves. If the flight is cancelled, then you do get a full refund obviously
EI cancelled my flight and didn't even have the courtesy to warn me. After a 45-min phone conversation with the Avios team, they agreed to issue a full refund.
fly747first is offline  
Old Dec 29, 20, 3:00 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Dublin
Programs: BA Bronze! Avis PC
Posts: 275
Originally Posted by fly747first View Post
EI cancelled my flight and didn't even have the courtesy to warn me. After a 45-min phone conversation with the Avios team, they agreed to issue a full refund.
That's unusual. How did you notice your flights were cancelled? I booked my avios seats via Avios.
com website and received both my flight confirmation and cancellation emails from avios operations dept. Avios ops even called me on the same day as the cancellation email to assist with alternative travel arrangements. I was quite impressed.
MM00LL2 is offline  
Old Dec 29, 20, 5:23 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,976
Originally Posted by MM00LL2 View Post
That's unusual. How did you notice your flights were cancelled? I booked my avios seats via Avios.
com website and received both my flight confirmation and cancellation emails from avios operations dept. Avios ops even called me on the same day as the cancellation email to assist with alternative travel arrangements. I was quite impressed.
Obviously sometimes things slip through the net. I had a booking that was canceled and got an email saying it was canceled then it was 5 days before Aer Lingus could confirm it was indeed canceled. Seems sometimes IT shoots out emails and other times it does not.
DELLAS is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: