FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   Advice in light of new covid rules (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/2030834-advice-light-new-covid-rules.html)

ed_flyer Dec 20, 2020 6:43 am

Advice in light of new covid rules

With travel now band between Scotland and the rest of the UK, are Aer Lingus regional flights likely to go ahead over the Christmas period?
Ideally they would be cancelled and I would get a full refund.
I know I can move the flight but there aren't really any other suitable dates over the next year. It would be frustrating to move the flights now, to some random date, to then find out the flights would have been cancelled and refunded anyway.

ROKNA Dec 20, 2020 1:28 pm

If the flight operates you get no refund, so change the flights to a date up to 11 months ahead, a voucher will probably be an option.

Chances are some flights will operate in a freight only mode between UK and IE, if that happens then its a refund

ROKNA Dec 21, 2020 2:21 am

Current status is

EI flights to the UK are still flying and accepting passengers.
EI flights UK to IE are now freight only. Full refund will apply, flight numbers have been changed to 88x, 99x to signify positioning, not revenue

ed_flyer Dec 21, 2020 3:48 am

I have a UK to UK flight tomorrow. No sign of cancellation so I've moved it to some random date in February. Will be annoying if tomorrows flight is cancelled last minute and I could've got a refund.

ROKNA Dec 21, 2020 3:51 am

Domestic EI UK operations seem not to be impacted currently, but there is a possibility of a ban in Northern Ireland also

DELLAS Dec 23, 2020 10:59 am

Doesnt look like a UK Domestic flight ban anytime soon . Irish ex pats are taking advantage of the loophole and booking into BHD then getting across the border to ROI.

fly747first Dec 27, 2020 1:54 pm

Does anyone know if EI is waiving change/cancellation fees on Avios Business Class award tickets?

ROKNA Dec 28, 2020 9:39 am

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 32917059)
Does anyone know if EI is waiving change/cancellation fees on Avios Business Class award tickets?

You would have to talk to Avios about that as EI doesn't issue these tickets themselves. If the flight is cancelled, then you do get a full refund obviously

fly747first Dec 28, 2020 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA (Post 32918783)
You would have to talk to Avios about that as EI doesn't issue these tickets themselves. If the flight is cancelled, then you do get a full refund obviously

EI cancelled my flight and didn't even have the courtesy to warn me. After a 45-min phone conversation with the Avios team, they agreed to issue a full refund.

MM00LL2 Dec 29, 2020 3:00 am

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 32920094)
EI cancelled my flight and didn't even have the courtesy to warn me. After a 45-min phone conversation with the Avios team, they agreed to issue a full refund.

That's unusual. How did you notice your flights were cancelled? I booked my avios seats via Avios.
com website and received both my flight confirmation and cancellation emails from avios operations dept. Avios ops even called me on the same day as the cancellation email to assist with alternative travel arrangements. I was quite impressed.

DELLAS Dec 29, 2020 5:23 am

Originally Posted by MM00LL2 (Post 32920496)
That's unusual. How did you notice your flights were cancelled? I booked my avios seats via Avios.
com website and received both my flight confirmation and cancellation emails from avios operations dept. Avios ops even called me on the same day as the cancellation email to assist with alternative travel arrangements. I was quite impressed.

Obviously sometimes things slip through the net. I had a booking that was canceled and got an email saying it was canceled then it was 5 days before Aer Lingus could confirm it was indeed canceled. Seems sometimes IT shoots out emails and other times it does not.