Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Limited SH inflight service from today (1 Dec)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver

From today, EI will offer a limited service on short haul routes....

Menu to follow.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Menu

https://www.aerlingus.com/media/pdfs/bia.pdf
Old Dec 1, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Nothing fresh so...

The Chicken & Stuffing sandwich was the most profitable item on the menu, it will return even though EI keep trying to kill it off
Old Dec 3, 2020, 8:22 am

Very basic lets see if by Summer they have decided to offer something decent !
Old Dec 5, 2020, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Nothing fresh so...

The Chicken & Stuffing sandwich was the most profitable item on the menu, it will return even though EI keep trying to kill it off
Why would the airline keep trying to kill off their most profitable item?

Reminded me of this article about Ryanair:

Originally Posted by The Economist
Slightly more surprisingly, the airline has become huge in the catering world as well. “We’re the largest seller of ham-and-cheese panini in Europe”, claims Neil Sorahan, the airline’s finance director. He likens its food-and-drink sales to putting “the equivalent of 455 7/11s [convenience stores] in the sky every day”. And with the airline’s announcement on July 29th that profits had fallen 21% year-on-year in the three months to the end of June, Mr Sorahan’s panini takings are more crucial than ever.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I presume thing Aerspace will continue to get a free drink and snack? Flying on Friday so will report back.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 9:14 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Why would the airline keep trying to kill off their most profitable item?

Reminded me of this article about Ryanair:
They killed the Chicken and Stuffing back about 6 years ago, apparently marketing thought a pastrami sandwich would be the real deal that everyone really wanted. Took about 6 months and the chicken and stuffing returned. Cabin crew rarely sold a pastrami sandwich but regularly would run out of chicken and stuffing sandwich.
Old Dec 5, 2020, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 27Liam
I presume thing Aerspace will continue to get a free drink and snack? Flying on Friday so will report back.
please do!
Old Dec 16, 2020, 4:48 am

Originally Posted by 27Liam
afraid not

That was my experience recently on an aer space fare

The crew explained it was no longer offered with aer space
Old Dec 20, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I travelled a week ago from LHR-DUB in AerSpace on the A330.

Lounge in T2 was open. Food options were poor - soup of the day (chicken from a packet) and a choice of three bread rolls, plus carrot or fruit cake (which ran out by the time I requested). These options, plus most hot & alcoholic drinks were ordered from an app and then your name appeared on TV screens dotted around the lounge which eventually beckoned you to a collection point to pick your order - a slightly more creepy version of Argos as everyone was somehow invested in each other’s ordering habits as they unfolded on the screens in front of you. Wouldn’t table service be a better option? The buffet area is set up with packaged snacks and fridges with individual bottles / cans of soft drinks, beer, wine and water. I liked that set up and it did feel quite COVID secure despite being buffet style.

Boarding was uneventful, the seat was a nice and comfortable treat for the short flight. The trolley came around and the AerSpace cabin was indeed offered a free drink and snack. I ordered a spirit and mixer and was told rather brusquely that “you have to pay for that”, which I queried given the cabin and the CC wasn’t particularly helpful in explaining how it worked, what was included etc (e.g. would my mixer at least be complimentary). It turns out the complimentary service is tea/coffee and a chocolate bar or similar. Tea and a twix for me. Before we knew it we were on approach into Dublin.

Nothing particularly remarkable about this flight. I was underwhelmed by the friendliness of the staff in the lounge and on board - it was my first EI flight in many years, usually BA, and I thought with the “cead mile failte” reputation which Ireland prides itself on, EI would embody some of that and even outstrip BA. Sadly not this night. I also find the complimentary service offered by AerSpace being limited to one of two drinks and a chocolate bar to be quite cheap and tacky attempt at a business-like fare. It’s positioned similarly to a European business class product so they should offer more selection to be competitive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.