First A321 NEO LR Due Any Day Now

Old Jul 25, 19, 5:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
First A321 NEO LR Due Any Day Now

EI-LRA the first of 8 A321NEOLR's for EI had its second flight today (possibly a EI customer acceptance flight) and performed a go around at Hamburg airport as part of the test before returning to XFW.

Ferry flight to Dublin is either Friday or Saturday

First flight is suggested to be BDL on Aug 2

Will it make an appearance at the Bray air show on Sunday?
mccartje and trustno1 like this.
Old Jul 26, 19, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
En route to Dublin, just entered Irish airspace
Old Jul 26, 19, 5:34 pm

First videos and photos already appearing on various sites with interior cabin views. Looks good and can even see my solo seat in J . Cant wait to fly on it .
Old Aug 1, 19, 9:28 am

Promo video for new aircraft.

Dubh, irishguy28 and Dambus like this.
Old Aug 2, 19, 7:18 am
Original Poster

EI-LRA is flying to BDL as expected today.

Its starting the long taxi to runway 10
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 19, 10:20 am

Old Aug 3, 19, 5:13 pm

Programs: EI Silver, AF Ivory, SPG Gold, HH, IHG Priority Club, Choice Privileges
New Aer Lingus A321 for TA

Originally Posted by DELLAS View Post
First videos and photos already appearing on various sites with interior cabin views. Looks good and can even see my solo seat in J . Cant wait to fly on it .
Cabin looks good but be carefull with that row 25, no window ..!!

Row 25 has no window

Row 25 has no window

Looks good
JDIRL likes this.
Old Aug 5, 19, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
It looks really good. I wonder if the A330s will get these new seat covers over the winter. I really like the colourful headrest covers.

Row 25 does look unpleasant. It could be quite clusterphobic for 6+ hours on a Westbound flight - probably not so much of a concern on the Eastbound - does it even get bright by landing in Dublin/Shannon in the Winter?
Old Aug 6, 19, 7:51 am

Apologies if I missed this somewhere else, but what are the Priority seats? Are they any different or just closer to the start of service and the exit?
Old Aug 6, 19, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

Just nearer the front and get priority boarding, don't know how the service is done on the A321
Old Aug 7, 19, 6:40 pm

A321NEO LR business class review available at: https://onemileatatime.com/aer-lingu...-class-review/

Some key points, some of which may have been discussed here, but no 100% confirmation before actual launch:
- Yes, there's WiFi onboard.
- While the galley area is smaller than on the A330, there's a snack/treat area set up for C class passengers.
Old Aug 8, 19, 7:01 am

I flew DUB > BDL on the NEO on the 6th. Really did have that new plane smell.

One of the best FA crews I've ever experienced on any flight in millions of miles of flying.

They were definitely still getting a grip on some of the logistics (baggage loading, etc.) but it's definitely nice to get some new equipment on a route I use 6+ times a year.
Old Sep 19, 19, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Second 321N completed its first flight today including a touch and go at Hamburg airport
Old Sep 23, 19, 9:52 am
Original Poster

EI customer acceptance flight was today so likely LRB will be delivered to Dublin tonight or tomorrow.

Guessing it will be off to Bradley later in the week.
Old Sep 25, 19, 3:01 am

Programs: BA, EI, IB
LRB first service is supposed to be the 156 to LHR on 1st Oct. Can anyone confirm? London flights had been reported as delayed by a week but the EI website still says 321LR from 1st Oct.

Search this Thread