Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aerclub tier systems in 2020

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Credit appeared

"MANUAL TIER CREDIT ENTRY"
Old Apr 3, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Eoin Kilkenny
I just gotten offer of 200 - am platinum. very interesting to see what others got?
I was offered 25 TPs. Mind you haven’t been on an EI plane for three years...
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2020, 6:24 pm

Silver, getting 100 points. Of course I also had to cancel (without refund) flights that would have got me 100 tier points so Im only just about breaking even. Still not sure if ill be able to keep silver, im 60 points short, its early in the year but we're a long way from free flowing flying!
Old Apr 6, 2020, 11:37 am

In comparison, Delta and United have announced their status programme changes. Status members get a 1 year extension to their status (2021 status will be the same as 2020). And, with Delta, all MQMs (tier points) accrued this year will also get carried forward to next year to count towards 2022 status.
https://www.delta.com/us/en/coronavi...miles-benefits
https://hub.united.com/united-mileag...645643749.html
The EI approach looks positively mean in comparison!
alserire likes this.
Old May 5, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
How long before they extend everyone by a year?

I won't retain Silver status this year. Presume just about everyone else would struggle to keep their status too.
Old May 5, 2020, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by alserire
How long before they extend everyone by a year?

I won't retain Silver status this year. Presume just about everyone else would struggle to keep their status too.
Was wondering that myself today. With Summer almost a write off at least for Irish based members Aer Lingus will need to amend the policy and just renew everyone until their next year if they have any sense.
Old May 6, 2020, 1:33 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Was wondering that myself today. With Summer almost a write off at least for Irish based members Aer Lingus will need to amend the policy and just renew everyone until their next year if they have any sense.
They have to. Because if they don't I'd have to rethink my loyalty, especially in what is likely to be a cut throat market once things loosen up a little.
Old May 20, 2020, 3:23 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Any experience re extending the validity of the Plat/Concierge upgrade vouchers?
Old May 20, 2020, 1:05 pm

They are reviewing and will advise of any changes. That's all I could get from them today
Dambus likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2020, 6:30 am

I see BAEC have bit the bullet and extended status by a year for everyone AND reduced tier point levels for next year to attain status. Indication that Aerclub will do likewise...?
Old Jun 11, 2020, 7:05 am

Originally Posted by mccartje
I see BAEC have bit the bullet and extended status by a year for everyone AND reduced tier point levels for next year to attain status. Indication that Aerclub will do likewise...?
I hope so - think they would allow to carry forward complimentary biz upgrade
Old Jun 11, 2020, 7:41 am

Programs: Gold Circle
Originally Posted by mccartje
Hope so too, was concierge and coming into last month of membership now with loads of lost flight opportunity in last few months - would have retained but, I am going to drop a tier as it stands - unfortunately company had travel restrictions for Q4 of 2019 and into Jan, then when allowed us to travel only got in a few trips before flights stopped all together.

Surely EI must extend, all of my hotel programs have extended long ago and great to hear the parent has now done so, but hope its soon...
alserire likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2020, 7:12 am

I just called the Aer Club number and no change to retaining status (yet). I asked them if they would be extending this into 2021 and the standard T&Cs were read out to me. I reached platinum in March - what timing! Hopefully AL will extend it into next year.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 5:04 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hertz - President's Circle
Just had an email saying they are extending my Concierge Tier for another 12months, applicable to people whose membership was due to expire between 01/07/2020 & 31/07/2021. Tier credits will reset to zero on your normal anniversary date, from the wording its sounds like any unused upgrade vouchers will also be carried over as well.
mccartje, irishguy28 and Dambus like this.

Last edited by EIFREZY; Jul 1, 2020 at 5:15 am
Old Jul 1, 2020, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by EIFREZY
Just had an email saying they are extending my Conceirge Tier for another 12months, applicable to people whose membership was due to expire between 01/07/2020 & 31/07/2021. Tier credits will reset to zero on your normal anniversary date, from the wording its sounds like any unused upgrade vouchers will also be carried over as well.
Same. I wonder if used upgrade vouchers will reset for the 'extended' year. As in I have used my 4 upgrade vouchers for my current year expiring 28 Nov 2020, will I get 4 new ones when the 'extended' year from 29 Nov 2020 to 28 Nov 2021 kicks in? Hopefully I will, I haven't already re-qualified for concierge this year (and probably unlikely to given everything) so in theory I'm not due them but hard to see how they would filter out all the scenarios and not reward fresh ones.

Has anyone newly qualified in their current tier year (and thus should have an expiry for remainder of tier year + a further 12 months already) and received an additional 12 months onto that again? On to a winner if so, BAEC members got similarly lucky in this respects.

Last edited by mccartje; Jul 1, 2020 at 5:20 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.