FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   Aerclub tier systems in 2020 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/2014275-aerclub-tier-systems-2020-a.html)

bustaro Mar 25, 2020 1:58 pm

Aerclub tier systems in 2020

Some airlines (e.g. Emirates) and hotel chains (e.g. Hilton) have announced adjustments to their tier points systems to facilitate frequent flyers that will not be able to retain status with them this year due to the flights disruptions in place for the foreseeable future.

Did anyone hear anything from AerLingus about Aerclub tier systems? E.g. if flights are grounded for 3 months, are they going to reduce tier points needed to retain status for each tier by 25%?

I appreciate some of these companies may actually go out of business as a result of this emergency, and in that case the question is meaningless:eek:, but was wondering out of curiosity (and probably too much free time locked in the house:))

Thanks for sharing

alserire Mar 25, 2020 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by bustaro (Post 32231505)
Some airlines (e.g. Emirates) and hotel chains (e.g. Hilton) have announced adjustments to their tier points systems to facilitate frequent flyers that will not be able to retain status with them this year due to the flights disruptions in place for the foreseeable future.

Did anyone hear anything from AerLingus about Aerclub tier systems? E.g. if flights are grounded for 3 months, are they going to reduce tier points needed to retain status for each tier by 25%?

I appreciate some of these companies may actually go out of business as a result of this emergency, and in that case the question is meaningless:eek:, but was wondering out of curiosity (and probably too much free time locked in the house:))

Thanks for sharing

As I mentioned a few days ago an EI pilot I know reckons it's 50/50 they even survive.

AerClub will be something to be looked at if they do. But not now.

DELLAS Mar 26, 2020 4:35 am

Originally Posted by bustaro (Post 32231505)

Thanks for sharing

Nothing yet and maybe they won't its hard to know. IAG are so far out of step with other airlines with regards this. Aer Lingus may decide to do something once they know more about their relaunch of flights this Summer. They may do it by a case by case situation.
I had got half way and subject to situation improving will still most likely manage it.

As for crew talk of going bust its purely that just rumours. There is also a rumour of the Irish government taking a large stakehold in the airline if it does indeed need bailing out. Same with UK and Spain although the UK seems more reluctant at the moment.

alserire Mar 26, 2020 11:11 am

It's not a rumour in fairness. It's very informed speculation. Pilot has been with them almost 25 years. So he'd know a bit. Having said that government may well purchase a big stake. That might be one of the only ways of securing EI's future.

DELLAS Mar 27, 2020 8:40 am

Originally Posted by alserire (Post 32234804)
It's not a rumour in fairness. It's very informed speculation. Pilot has been with them almost 25 years. So he'd know a bit. Having said that government may well purchase a big stake. That might be one of the only ways of securing EI's future.

My neighbours a pilot and a very senior one too so seems a difference of opinion. They are also taking part in the PEK flights . Of course there are always such differences even in my own company at present. A lot of doom and gloom too sadly.

Kier Mar 30, 2020 3:41 pm

IAG have a large cash pile compared to a lot of airlines, if they go an awful lot of others would too. The Irish Government would inevitably step in though, given how critical Aer Lingus is to the Irish economy.

bustaro Apr 2, 2020 5:35 am

Update on the original question of this thread: I just received email from Aer Lingus that they are crediting 350 bonus tier credits to help keeping status this year. Assume something similar will be sent to others too.

Eoin Kilkenny Apr 2, 2020 6:01 am

I just gotten offer of 200 - am platinum. very interesting to see what others got?

EIFREZY Apr 2, 2020 6:11 am

Am I currently Concierge, just got the email saying I'll be credited with a bonus of 350 tier credits.

Looks like they are awarding people 33% of their current tier's qualification level, so 1050/3 = 350 for Concierge, 600/3 = 200 for Platinum, can any Silvers confirm that they are being offered 100?

alserire Apr 2, 2020 6:23 am

Originally Posted by EIFREZY (Post 32256886)
Am I currently Concierge, just got the email saying I'll be credited with a bonus of 350 tier credits.

Looks like they are awarding people 33% of their current tier's qualification level, so 1050/3 = 350 for Concierge, 600/3 = 200 for Platinum, can any Silvers confirm that they are being offered 100?

Yeah. Silver. Getting 100. Nice of them. Covers the two flights I had to cancel. Will retain Silver. Might make Platinum if the US reopens before the end of the year!

Hopefully they survive this.........

ROKNA Apr 2, 2020 6:30 am

Disappointing offer really was expecting to be rolled over

Dear XXXX,

We hope you and yours are keeping safe and well. Your continued loyalty and support is really appreciated as we navigate unprecedented challenges during this extraordinary time.

As a thank you from all of us, we'd like to give you XXX bonus Tier Credits.

We know that your opportunity to fly with us may be limited in the coming weeks, so these Tier Credits will help you maintain XXX status or progress to XXX this anniversary year. Your bonus Tier Credits will be automatically credited to your account shortly - we've got you covered.

If your tier status expired in March and these Tier Credits would have maintained your tier, we will review your account on this basis within the next few days.

DELLAS Apr 2, 2020 6:34 am

Originally Posted by Eoin Kilkenny (Post 32256862)
I just gotten offer of 200 - am platinum. very interesting to see what others got?

Me too was not expecting much but its certainly welcome Im not that far off for renewal anyway. Already renewed my Star Gold until 2022 so pretty much sorted .

Danash Apr 2, 2020 7:42 am

Originally Posted by bustaro (Post 32256805)
Update on the original question of this thread: I just received email from Aer Lingus that they are crediting 350 bonus tier credits to help keeping status this year. Assume something similar will be sent to others too.

Ditto

irishguy28 Apr 2, 2020 8:29 am

Originally Posted by EIFREZY (Post 32256886)

Greens (is that what they are called?) are getting 25.

Or at least I am!

Incredibly generous. That's far, far more than is required to attain Green.....

:D

JAXBA Apr 2, 2020 8:35 am

Greens seem to be getting 25 bonus tier credits, at least both of the EIAC accounts I manage are.