Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Two Different FF programs on one ticket [AS and UA; EI issued] Possible?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AS, IHG

Hello, knowledgeable folks,

I've recently booked a flight on Aer Lingus with domestic U.S. legs operated by UA. (EI ticket stock). I desperately want to credit the EI part of this trip to my Alaska Mileageplan account, since this trip will put it over the threshold for MVP for the year, which I probably would not otherwise make.

But, Alaska's partnership only covers flights actually operated by EI. (flight numbers 0000-3999, anyway, and the UA-operated segments are in the 6000s)

I also have a United MP account, in which I'd like to collect the points for the UA segments, if I can without losing the Alaska credit.

After some difficulties, I was able to get my Alaska MP# attached to the reservation in Aer Lingus' systems. United is happy to let me put my UA number into the reservation, but I haven't done so yet, because I'm afraid this will change the whole reservation to credit to UA, which would be much worse than missing out on the UA points for the domestic segments (especially since their website says they award zero points for P class travel on EI).

Is it possible to do the thing I want, and to get UA to think it should be credited to UA, and EI to think it should be credited to Alaska and me being smug about collecting points on all the segments?

Or am I trying to be too greedy and best off just taking the Alaska MVP as I've got it set?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 12:47 am

Programs: LH M+M
Just don't add a FF number and retrocredit each segment after journey has ended. Or does Alaska not offer retrocredit?
Yoshi212 and Dublin_rfk like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Yes, Alaska Airlines allows retrocredit.

Might be easiest to keep your AS number in the reservation, and claim the UA segments once those don't post.

<mod hat on>

As the flights are operated by EI, we'll move this to the EI forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Aug 16, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Best option is as above retro credit the segments

Trying to change FF numbers the result is somewhat unknown
Old Sep 29, 2019, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AS, IHG
Thanks ROKNA and PAX_fips for the suggestion. In case someone finds this thread later, this worked for me.

The tickets were associated with my AS FF# (which I did by contacting EI). I made sure to get UA issued paper boarding passes for the UA segments, and kept them. Then I waited until AS recognized the travel and awarded me the points (about 10 days), and then I went to UA and entered my boarding pass info. UA credited me instantly for the UA segments and all was well!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.