Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Biz class on Aer Lingus Lounge Access

Biz class on Aer Lingus Lounge Access

Old Apr 23, 2020, 12:38 pm
  #16  
DUT
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Anchorage, AK
Programs: MVPG
Posts: 253
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Proceed through international security (where EI biz and frequently flyers can use the priority lane as you get it stamped on the boarding card)

United Club on the right just after security
Im looking to book the nonstop SFO-DUB in business late summer (assuming C19 return to near normal). I need to connect thru SFO and have an option of just under 2 hours or just over 3 hours on the ground in SFO.

Is this lounge worth the extra hour? Looking on the United forum, none of their SFO lounges sound amazing.

And do they provide vouchers for premium beverages/food for business class passengers?

Thanks, DUT
DUT is offline  
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:24 am
  #17  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Netherlands
Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Posts: 28,450
Originally Posted by DUT
I’m looking to book the nonstop SFO-DUB in business late summer (assuming C19 return to near normal). I need to connect thru SFO and have an option of just under 2 hours or just over 3 hours on the ground in SFO.
Bear in mind that there is still a great risk that any flights currently on offer for late summer will not operate.

It's not clear if you are intended to "self-connect" in SFO, and if so, I would highly advise you against this. You would be far safer having a single ticket, starting from your actual starting point and ending at your desired ending point, such that any change to any part of it allows you to "fix" the entire trip in one go - rather than instead having to fix two separate tickets once things start to break down in either or both. In normal times, it might not be so difficult to "recover" one ticket so that the other doesn't become endangered, but I would not recommend that strategy.

Also, by having the actual trip you want to take all on one ticket, you stand to be rebooked on a better replacement itinerary once rebooking becomes necessary; i.e. adding this otherwise unnecessary "stopover" in SFO may not be in your best interests.
irishguy28 is offline  
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:34 am
  #18  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada, USA, Europe
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 31,452
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Bear in mind that there is still a great risk that any flights currently on offer for late summer will not operate.

It's not clear if you are intended to "self-connect" in SFO, and if so, I would highly advise you against this. You would be far safer having a single ticket, starting from your actual starting point and ending at your desired ending point, such that any change to any part of it allows you to "fix" the entire trip in one go - rather than instead having to fix two separate tickets once things start to break down in either or both. In normal times, it might not be so difficult to "recover" one ticket so that the other doesn't become endangered, but I would not recommend that strategy.

Also, by having the actual trip you want to take all on one ticket, you stand to be rebooked on a better replacement itinerary once rebooking becomes necessary; i.e. adding this otherwise unnecessary "stopover" in SFO may not be in your best interests.
Exactly this. And OP keep in mind that there will possibly exist the requirement of you to quarantine/self-isolate for 14 days after your arrival, with very limited mobility. I don't think anything is going to be 'normal' so keep that in mind with respect to medical care and insurance.
irishguy28 likes this.
LondonElite is offline  
Old Apr 24, 2020, 3:55 am
  #19  
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: EIDW
Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,923
Its the United Club near G98

Its basic, but there is a self serve wine and beer. It tends to be a busy in the mid afternoons

Sadly the previous lounge had a fully staffed bar but that is now the Polaris lounge which EI passengers don't get access to.
ROKNA is offline  
Old Apr 24, 2020, 4:02 am
  #20  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 5,811
Originally Posted by DUT
Im looking to book the nonstop SFO-DUB in business late summer (assuming C19 return to near normal). I need to connect thru SFO and have an option of just under 2 hours or just over 3 hours on the ground in SFO.

Is this lounge worth the extra hour? Looking on the United forum, none of their SFO lounges sound amazing.

And do they provide vouchers for premium beverages/food for business class passengers?

Thanks, DUT
July and August expect certain restrictions to be in place on arrival into Ireland especially from non EU / UK markets. You may as advised need to self isolate for 14 days and flight cancellations are coming in on a daily basis for Summer this year. At least if you have a
Flexi Biz ticket you can change it should that situation develop.
DELLAS is offline  
Old Apr 24, 2020, 4:04 am
  #21  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Canada, USA, Europe
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 31,452
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Its the United Club near G98

Its basic, but there is a self serve wine and beer. It tends to be a busy in the mid afternoons

Sadly the previous lounge had a fully staffed bar but that is now the Polaris lounge which EI passengers don't get access to.
I doubt it's very busy these days (is it even open?) or will be for a while. But a UA Club is never a destination, I'd have dinner somewhere in the concourse.
irishguy28 likes this.
LondonElite is offline  
Old Apr 24, 2020, 12:00 pm
  #22  
DUT
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Anchorage, AK
Programs: MVPG
Posts: 253
Thanks all for the info regarding United Lounge SFO, we will go for the shorter connection.

Yes, we understand that travel may or may not be normal by late summer. We are using Alaska Award Miles redemption, so will be in same ticket from Anchorage AK Airlines flight thru SFO... We are also 75K, so can cancel/change as needed.

Appreciate the feedback...

DUT
DUT is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.