FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aer Lingus | AerClub (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub-718/)
-   -   Biz class on Aer Lingus Lounge Access (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-lingus-aerclub/1901643-biz-class-aer-lingus-lounge-access.html)

pauli5500 Mar 31, 2018 4:17 pm

Biz class on Aer Lingus Lounge Access

Flying from Dublin to Newark via AL Biz class with a long connection to a UAL first class flight. Anyone know if we can use the UAL lounge in Newark? UAL info on this is hazy.

UAPremExecflyer Apr 1, 2018 5:47 am

Originally Posted by pauli5500 (Post 29588427)
Flying from Dublin to Newark via AL Biz class with a long connection to a UAL first class flight. Anyone know if we can use the UAL lounge in Newark? UAL info on this is hazy.

I'm perplexed as to why you are asking about United Club (lounge) access policies in the EI forum?
You don't qualify for lounge access at Newark on the basis of your EI flight ... Aer Lingus is not in Star Alliance and even if you were *Gold you still wouldn't qualify.
The only criteria under which you would qualify for your domestic (US) flight are if you are a member of the UC (United Club) or have (or purchase) a one-time pass or if you are travelling premium transcontinental (EWR-SFO or LAX).
Any other routing in domestic First Class does not provide access ... the UC page of the United website is pretty clear about that.

ACYYZ/SD Apr 1, 2018 5:58 am

More than likely they have a contractual arrangement with the Art & Lounge in Terminal B.

UAPremExecflyer Apr 1, 2018 6:10 am

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD (Post 29589864)
More than likely they have a contractual arrangement with the Art & Lounge in Terminal B.

That just makes no sense!
Art & Lounge is pre-security ... why would OP leave airside to go landside?

ROKNA Apr 1, 2018 1:47 pm

Well EI do have an agreement with UA

If travelling on the same ticket if flying J with EI you would have access at ORD for this case

There is no agreement at EWR

irishguy28 Apr 5, 2018 9:35 am

Originally Posted by pauli5500 (Post 29588427)

It's not at all hazy. What is hazy is throwing in the fact that you arrive on EI business class - which is of absolutely no relevance at all.

See the United Club lounge access page.

As a Premium Cabin customer on a domestic sector, you won't have lounge access. Only if you are travelling on one of the very few Premium transcontinental services (to Los Angeles and San Francisco only, at the time of writing) would you be able to access a UA lounge at EWR.

keatm1 Apr 6, 2018 3:13 am

Sorry, but EI Transatlantic J Pax DO have access to UA Lounges where on a single ticket.

It just appears to be limited primarily to those locations where EI is pushing a UA connections over B6 - I have used this benefit at ORD myself, but believe its available at SEA, LAX, SAN & MSP - not sure why not at EWR - but it may have been extended there too. You can use pre or post transatalntic.

Pretty sure this is hidden somewhere on the EI website

ajeleonard Apr 6, 2018 3:21 am

The vague use of "including" on the EI site is not very helpful. Give it a try at Newark and report back

Business class guests connecting to or from United Airlines flights now have access to United Club lounges at airports including Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Minneapolis. To access the United Airlines lounge simply present your Aer Lingus Business Class boarding pass and your United Airlines boarding pass at the lounge.

ROKNA Apr 6, 2018 9:23 am

It works at ORD

Lounge in SEA said no, but let me in anyway when I said I'd call EI and tell them to update the website, EI of course told me United were wrong...

LGA Jun 13, 2018 7:54 am

From https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-inf...-lounge-access

United Airlines Codeshare Guests

If you’re an Aer Lingus business class guest traveling to or from North America and beyond via Chicago, we’ve got good news for you! Guests on Aer Lingus codeshare flights operated by our partner, United Airlines, can enjoy access to United Airlines airport lounges.

Business class guests connecting to or from United Airlines flights now have access to United Club lounges at airports including Chicago, Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Minneapolis. To access the United Airlines lounge simply present your Aer Lingus Business Class boarding pass and your United Airlines boarding pass at the lounge.

ASHFlyer Jun 16, 2018 1:43 pm

If you have an AerClub Platinum or Concierge card they normally let you through as long as you just got off an EI flight (similar to the rules with BA connections)

ferg2k Jul 21, 2018 7:49 pm

Lounge information
Departing San Francisco at the Terminal 3 United Club Lounge at any of the following locations: Concourse F, Rotunda, Boarding Area E near Gate 70, Mezzanine Level across from Gate 71A -

Am I right in reading this as saying that EI would like me to check in at the SFO International Terminal, travel to Terminal 3 to use a United Club lounge, then return to the International Terminal to board?

I'm also assuming no access to the United Polaris lounge adjacent to the EI departure gates.

Antir Jul 22, 2018 1:32 am

Originally Posted by ferg2k (Post 29999431)
Am I right in reading this as saying that EI would like me to check in at the SFO International Terminal, travel to Terminal 3 to use a United Club lounge, then return to the International Terminal to board?

I'm also assuming no access to the United Polaris lounge adjacent to the EI departure gates.

I flew EI out of there in May, staff at check-in directed those of us in business class to the United Club near G98 which was a 5 minute walk from security.

UAPremExecflyer Jul 22, 2018 4:38 am

Originally Posted by ferg2k (Post 29999431)

No access to Polaris Lounge on EI. You do have access to the United Club (UC).

ROKNA Jul 22, 2018 1:59 pm

Proceed through international security (where EI biz and frequently flyers can use the priority lane as you get it stamped on the boarding card)

United Club on the right just after security