Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

United Gold Status from Dublin Flying Aer Lingus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:23 am
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond

HI All,

I've not flown Aer Lingus in a long time, but will be flying them from Dublin to Miami.
I'm a United Gold status holder.

I know that Aer Lingus are not part of the star alliance, but does anyone know if I will be able to visit any lounges using Star Alliance Gold Status before taking the Aer Lingus flight when In Dublin.

Many thanks for anyone that knows.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by When I Travel The World
I know that Aer Lingus are not part of the star alliance, but does anyone know if I will be able to visit any lounges using Star Alliance Gold Status before taking the Aer Lingus flight when In Dublin.
As per the United lounge access page, you would need to be a United Club member and be travelling on a United international flight to obtain lounge access in Dublin.

There are no Star Alliance lounges in DUB, and you would need to be travelling on a Star Alliance carrier to leverage your *G status even if there were.
CJR likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:03 am
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
As per the United lounge access page, you would need to be a United Club member and be travelling on a United international flight to obtain lounge access in Dublin.

There are no Star Alliance lounges in DUB, and you would need to be travelling on a Star Alliance carrier to leverage your *G status even if there were.
OK, thank you for that information. To a random airport bar it is.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:18 am

What cabin are you flying Aer Lingus?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
If you're flying Business with EI you will be able to access the 51st and Green lounge after US Pre-clearance. Other than that it's a random bar alright.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
United status means absolutely nothing flying Aer Lingus.

Unless you are flying in business, at which point you get what everyone gets in business in terms of lounge, fast track and priority boarding
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As the OP was hoping that United status would get him/her into the lounge, I think it's pretty clear that the OP is travelling in Economy. The OP is almost guaranteed to be aware of the fact that an Aer Lingus business class ticket would get them into the Aer Lingus lounge about which they enquired.
CJR likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
As the OP was hoping that United status would get him/her into the lounge, I think it's pretty clear that the OP is travelling in Economy. The OP is almost guaranteed to be aware of the fact that an Aer Lingus business class ticket would get them into the Aer Lingus lounge about which they enquired.
Two presumptions in that post, neither necessarily true.

People are just trying to help.

51st and Green is not an EI lounge either, which is what I was talking about
mb48 likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed, all the lounges at DUB can be accessed by opening your wallet and paying.

However, I don't think any of them are worth the price involved.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Indeed, all the lounges at DUB can be accessed by opening your wallet and paying.

However, I don't think any of them are worth the price involved.
But that wasn't what the OP asked.

No need for your initial response.Those of us others who replied did so in good faith. Your judgement is unwarranted.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 1:17 am

Star Alliance Gold

Star Alliance Gold travellers on member international tickets get free access to the contract lounges.

This includes DAA Executive Lounge and the Ana Livia lounge.

This is shown on the Star Alliance website, and I do this all the time when flying United it Swiss Air.

The nicer Aer Lingus and Etihad lounges require business class on those airlines.

Free wifi thought the airport in any case.

Access to the DAA lounge is via a staircase in the security area, before the shops.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 6:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by mdf65
Star Alliance Gold travellers on member international tickets get free access to the contract lounges.
Not to divert this thread too far off-course, and not to be too pedantic ... but this is not true.
*A /Gold status fliers travelling on a *A departing flight get access to designated partner lounges and some contract lounges ... not every contract lounge is available.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Does anyone know if flights from the US (via DUB) to London, qualify for UA PQM's? I know that you can accrue 100% for the distance, but will count towards status? Assume the PQD's do NOT count if it's not a 016 ticket.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by globetraveler
Does anyone know if flights from the US (via DUB) to London, qualify for UA PQM's? I know that you can accrue 100% for the distance, but will count towards status? Assume the PQD's do NOT count if it's not a 016 ticket.
Why are you asking a UA MP earning question in the EI forum?
The answer is no.
EI is not a member of *A and you do not earn PQMs (Premier Qualifying Miles) on EI.
The relevant MP earning page is here
Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:04 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 1MM,, AA Exec Plat. Hilton Honors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Why are you asking a UA MP earning question in the EI forum?
The answer is no.
EI is not a member of *A and you do not earn PQMs (Premier Qualifying Miles) on EI.
The relevant MP earning page is here
It was a mistake.... thanks for the friendly response.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.