Wiki Posts
Search

Booking EI on BA

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Booking EI on BA

I am looking for a transatlantic trip to East Coast USA in May or June. I am keen to try EI again. I have discovered (not sure if this is a new thing (probably not)) that I can save around £400 booking in J by booking on BA website, as opposed to directly with EI.
As a bonus I can select BA J between London and Dublin.

Any drawbacks I should be aware of? According to BA I will earn BA TP and Avios as it's a codeshare.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by Sealink
I am looking for a transatlantic trip to East Coast USA in May or June. I am keen to try EI again. I have discovered (not sure if this is a new thing (probably not)) that I can save around £400 booking in J by booking on BA website, as opposed to directly with EI.
As a bonus I can select BA J between London and Dublin.

Any drawbacks I should be aware of? According to BA I will earn BA TP and Avios as it's a codeshare.
​​​​​​
Nothing I can think of. Connecting flights always seem to be used as a method of building brand loyalty. I've noticed in the past in J that JFK to Europe via Dublin can be cheaper sometimes than just JFK/DUB.

Other than that if that's what BA say then I'd take them at their word. Sounds kosher to me.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 7:53 am

Yes,
i have this route booked LHR-DUB-MCO-DUB-LHR in November,
CE to DUB, business to MCO
booked on BA website.

only issue I had was I coukd book the seats on the BA site for LHR-DUB, but not the Aer Lingus portion.
this I couldn’t do on the AL website, but a quick call to AL and sears sorted
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Sealink
You will probably be paying far more than booking it directly from EI or a TA under the native flightcodes. [I have never seen it cheaper via BA. Can you tell us the route, please?]

You will earn Avios even when booked under the EI flightcodes - but [infuriatingly, stil] no Tier Points.

You won't be able to manage your reservation in any shape or form on either the EI or BA websites (only the basics: add API info, etc. No seat selection will be possible until OLCI opens).
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
You will probably be paying far more than booking it directly from EI or a TA under the native flightcodes. [I have never seen it cheaper via BA. Can you tell us the route, please?]

You will earn Avios even when booked under the EI flightcodes - but [infuriatingly, stil] no Tier Points.

You won't be able to manage your reservation in any shape or form on either the EI or BA websites (only the basics: add API info, etc. No seat selection will be possible until OLCI opens).
Hmm
LHR-DUB-MCO and back for our dates
Aer Lingus flight only is £5,504 and that includes LHR_DUB in Economy and without the cost of extra bags

My BA Fly/drive including Full size Chevy Tahoe is £5,600, all flights in CE or Business
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF

I believe you don't earn any Avios when booked in P class, unless you earn them via avios.com/Aer Club and combine them over.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold

Looking at Boston in May...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.