Business meal orders & Aer Club status?

Old Jan 27, 18, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Silver, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Business meal orders & Aer Club status?

Just an observation.

On both ORD and YYZ meal orders seem to be prioritized with all Aer Club status holders being pretty much guaranteed their first choice (at least in my experience on these routes)

Just did a DUB-MCO-DUB trip and there was no prioritization - orders simply done front to back with some crew (pretty obvious last minute upgrades with crew tagged hand luggage) getting first choices while those at the back of the cabin did not.

No biggie but wondered how meal orders are taken on other N.Amer routes?

Last edited by Dambus; Jan 31, 18 at 10:44 am Reason: Toronto is not the same as Vancouver. Who knew!
Old Jan 27, 18, 3:54 pm

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
Originally Posted by Dambus View Post
Just an observation.

On both ORD and YVR meal orders seem to be prioritized with all Aer Club status holders being pretty much guaranteed their first choice (at least in my experience on these routes)

Just did a DUB-MCO-DUB trip and there was no prioritization - orders simply done front to back with some crew (pretty obvious last minute upgrades with crew tagged hand luggage) getting first choices while those at the back of the cabin did not.

No biggie but wondered how meal orders are taken on other N.Amer routes?
Haven't flown this year yet but I'd be fairly thick if upgraded crew got first choice over me as a business fare paying Platinum customer. Four flights last year and it seemed to me just going from front to back.
Old Jan 28, 18, 12:29 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Silver
Seems to be crew dependent

Was certainly asked ORD-DUB in early December, but not DUB-SFO
Flew in economy today to ORD and the cabin manager came down early in the flight and I was offered a free quarter bottle of wine
Dambus likes this.
Old Jan 28, 18, 2:52 am

Programs: Aerclub - Concierge, BA - Silver. Avis - Presidents Club
Originally Posted by ROKNA View Post

Flew in economy today to ORD and the cabin manager came down early in the flight and I was offered a free quarter bottle of wine
Nice, flying to ORD later myself in economy, I wonder is this a standard offer now. I doubt it somehow!
Old Jan 28, 18, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by mccartje View Post
Nice, flying to ORD later myself in economy, I wonder is this a standard offer now. I doubt it somehow!
It seems to be up to the CCM on the flight on the day. Some bother some dont. I always think its nice when they take the trouble to look at the list and acknowledge top tier members. It really does impress and takes little effort.
RMDrive likes this.
Old Jan 28, 18, 6:16 am

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
Originally Posted by DELLAS View Post
I always think its nice when they take the trouble to look at the list and acknowledge top tier members. It really does impress and takes little effort.
Agreed. I've several flights booked already this year and a small acknowledgement would be nice. Heading for Berlin in a couple of weeks. Will notify if a free wrap or bar of chocolate is on offer
Old Jan 28, 18, 10:57 pm

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Seven years at the top tier and all I have to show for it was a free cup of tea once.
Old Jan 29, 18, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Gold: A3, KL Silver: AZ, BA
Originally Posted by trustno1 View Post
Seven years at the top tier and all I have to show for it was a free cup of tea once.
I got a free Kit-Kat onboard once, with my paid coffee, and I don't even have status
mccartje likes this.
Old Jan 29, 18, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Dambus View Post
Just an observation.

On both ORD and YVR meal orders seem to be prioritized with all Aer Club status holders being pretty much guaranteed their first choice (at least in my experience on these routes)

YVR? Vancouver International? (I wish!!!)
irishguy28 and Dambus like this.
Old Feb 2, 18, 6:34 am

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by DELLAS View Post
It seems to be up to the CCM on the flight on the day. Some bother some dont. I always think its nice when they take the trouble to look at the list and acknowledge top tier members. It really does impress and takes little effort.
Agree completely. They'll drop down the wifi card but taking a minute to drop down and acknowledge you is good business and, as you say, takes little effort.
Old Feb 2, 18, 6:37 am

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum
Originally Posted by mccartje View Post
Definitely not standard practice in economy. I get offered every 5-6 trips I'd say.

Search this Thread