Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Privilege Air??!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Privilege Air??!

Checking in for tonight's EI124 ORD-DUB in C and was given an A4 page saying that due to tech issues with the A330 flight the flight today would be a 777 opperated by Priviledge air.

A quick google does not look promising - seems to be an old ex-Asiana plane?

UPDATED
Holy Cr*p

2-3-2 config, angle flat seats, smells like a damp second hand furniture shop, seats have an interesting organic patina. Obviously no Wi-Fi.

The A4 page includes an e-mail address and a promise of a $200 travel voucher. Really? Would not pay $300 fir this.

Some poor sod at check-in was delighted that his bid-for-upgrade had cleared. Oh dear.

Last edited by Dambus; Aug 6, 2017 at 8:28 pm
Old Aug 6, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
Would be interest to know more about this flight, the aircraft. How was the service? Was there any EI crew on board?
Old Aug 7, 2017, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Dambus
The A4 page includes an e-mail address and a promise of a $200 travel voucher. Really? Would not pay $300 fir this.
Vouchers usually have a cash value below their nominal value, so that was a good call.

As noted in this thread, they are down at least one airframe and had to cancel several flights until they could source a spare plane:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-l...32-ei-lax.html
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:25 am

Checking in for tonight's EI124 ORD-DUB in C and was given an A4 page saying that due to tech issues with the A330 flight the flight today would be a 777 opperated by Priviledge air.

UPDATED
Holy Cr*p

2-3-2 config, angle flat seats, smells like a damp second hand furniture shop, seats have an interesting organic patina. Obviously no Wi-Fi.

Some poor sod at check-in was delighted that his bid-for-upgrade had cleared. Oh dear.
That is one major downgrade I feel your pain.Those tired worn A/C are what you would expect on a cheap charter. The compo should be $500 for this IMHO. Get writing to CS and keep chasing them.
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by energydj
Would be interest to know more about this flight, the aircraft. How was the service? Was there any EI crew on board?
It was a wet-lease so no EI cabin or flight crew on-board.

Usual EI amenity kits were pre-distributed and water bottles balanced on the armrests.

We boarded about 45 mins before (a delayed) takeoff and were offered water / OJ about 15 mins before takeoff.

Service had not stated up to about 45 mins after takeoff so I decided to grab as much sleep as I could - no feedback on food or beverage service.

The plane is clearly very old, plenty of grimy corners in and around the seat. Truly ancient IFE (not AVOD) - only 2 channels worked and the picture quality was very poor. No pillows loaded but the standard EI duvets were distributed. Angled seat did not make for comfortable sleep.

Lots of bemused faces as we boarded - it seems some did not receive the warning letter during check-in.

Based on current info on FlightRadar24 it looks like the EI125 and the EI124 on the Aug 6th were operated by this plane and the EI122/EI123 Aug 7th are due to be operated by the same plane.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ec-mia

Not sure if anyone has a subscription that can see further into the future....

Avoid at all costs!
Old Aug 7, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: BA EC | AER CLUB
@Dambus - I was on EI0125 - Sun 30 Jul 2017 from Dublin --> ORD.

Same deal.

I'd be interested in seeing the A4 page if you could attach it and the email address.

We were not given any info.

Originally Posted by energydj
The Airframe is was on was - https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/ec-lzo

I wasn't happy as I purposely picked this exact flight as it was an A330-300 flying direct. The actual plane that we flew on was quite old by comparison.

Illustrated by the in the seat arms and the cabin overhead movie projector which was washed out and out of focus. No IFE, power ports, wi-fi or USB. So save for my powerbank, my own entertainment would have run out.

The format meant I did not get the Aisle seat I payed for. I would have been more than annoyed if I had payed for Business.

The staff were Spanish, as I think that's where the Aircraft is based from. They wre i nPrivelage Air uniform. There was an Aer Lingus Cabin Manager on the flight (The only one in Aer Lingus uniform). They were equal to the Aer Lingus staff on the return flight. (I reality one of the Aer Lingus air crew made a smart comment to me when I boarded, so I'd actually rate Privelage Air crew higher).

The meals were the Aer Lingus branded meals so no change there.

Overall I don't feel I got what I paid for. Especially if you do a comparison of what was received against what is advertised on the AerLingus webiste under "Experience"

This seems to be common fro EI124 and EI125 of late - https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ei125 / https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ei124
Old Aug 8, 2017, 2:23 am

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, EI Concierge
Might withdraw my free Platinum upgrade request so.....
Old Aug 8, 2017, 4:18 am

@Dambus - If you have a pic of the A4 or the email address please put it up here. Many thanks!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 9:20 am

Programs: UA2P

UPDATED
Holy Cr*p

If you have the A4 can you post it. Was stuck on this flight in C and had no clue what hell I would be in for until I walked on the plane. Was just a miserable flight.

Was really looking forward to the A330.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 3:34 am
Original Poster

A couple of people have asked for the letter handed out at check-in - can't seem to find it but have PMd the name and e-mail address it included.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 9:26 am

Made a formal complaint to Aer Lingus on the 9th of August.

Received an email that day that included the line "A member of our Guest Relations team will review your request and personally reply to you within the next 45 business days. In the event you have not heard from us within 45 business days, kindly reply to this email for an update on the status of your request. "

Day 45. No response yet. 45 business days I might add. 63 actual days.

Not a great turn around is it.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Jrabarbour
Made a formal complaint to Aer Lingus on the 9th of August.

Received an email that day that included the line "A member of our Guest Relations team will review your request and personally reply to you within the next 45 business days. In the event you have not heard from us within 45 business days, kindly reply to this email for an update on the status of your request. "

Day 45. No response yet. 45 business days I might add. 63 actual days.

Not a great turn around is it.
I lodged a request August 20th for EU.261 compensation, initial email said reply in 30 business days, which was October 2nd, I did, was told someone would be with me 'shortly', still nothing, followed up with EI twitter last Friday, told it would be 'escalated', still nothing

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.