Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Picking Seats When Booked With Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Picking Seats When Booked With Avios

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by gusg
Yes, you still have to call EI to select seats for award bookings made through BA. Make sure you get the EI booking reference from BA first.
The EI booking reference is clearly shown on the Avios travel document.

EDIT: I now realise you meant when booked via BA Executive Club, and indeed they don't share the EI PNR
Old Jul 5, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
I presume with an Avios booking you can check in on the App once you have your PNR
Old Jul 11, 2019, 6:57 am

Programs: Everyone!
I can confirm this is still correct. When I made the booking, BA gave me one Aer Lingus booking number (always starts with "2") but when I called Aer Lingus (516-622-4222) to reserve seats they told me I had a different booking number. They did give me seat reservations, and with my new Aer Lingus booking number, I could see the seats (but not change them) online and add our missing API information (which oddly, had already been fully provided to BA and were attached to my BA FF number).
Old Aug 24, 2019, 5:28 am

Programs: BA bronze
Sorry - replied to wrong thread
Old Jul 10, 2020, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Does anyone know if I will get the money back on a seat reservation if I cancel the booking?

Do they charge for Business seat reservations too?
Old Jul 11, 2020, 1:50 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Business class seat selection its always free
Old Jul 11, 2020, 2:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by onlysuites
Does anyone know if I will get the money back on a seat reservation if I cancel the booking?
Do yourself a favour - don't pay for things until you know you are actually going to need/use them.
MM00LL2 likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2020, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by irishguy28
Do yourself a favour - don't pay for things until you know you are actually going to need/use them.
I wanted the exit row before someone else grabs it
Old Mar 18, 2023, 9:09 pm

Bringing this old thread back since it has been a while since any posts regarding this subject.

I made a business class redemption via BA using my BA avios points. I have the BA PNR, but it seems that I need the EI PNR to do a seat selection. And I need to call EI here in the USA, though the flight is DUB-IAD on the new A321LR. No charge for business class TATL flights. Is this all correct? I really want to grab a single seat while still available.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 9:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by headinclouds
And I need to call EI here in the USA, though the flight is DUB-IAD on the new A321LR.
You don't have to call a US number. Just use the local number.

Originally Posted by headinclouds
No charge for business class TATL flights. Is this all correct?
Correct.
Old Apr 18, 2023, 7:49 am

I did a Avios redemption on BA.com for DUB-YYZ and was able to get seat assignments by messaging Aer Lingus on Facebook. Easy enough.
DELLAS and alserire like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.