Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

Picking Seats When Booked With Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Picking Seats When Booked With Avios

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2018, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Earthman
Have you managed to add API ?
Twitter team told me that because avios is a THIRD PARTY booking,API can only be added at the airport

seriously,aer club is a third party to Aer Lingus ?

you couldn’t make this up
No. Twitter team also told me to just add it at the airport.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Yes Avios is a separate entity

Only tickets sold from the Aer Lingus website can be managed on the website

Check in should be work fine on any ticket and adding API shuold work then
Old May 4, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was told No online check in on this avios or any avios booking
Very 1960’s

whats incredulous is these problems only only apply to bookings made via an aer club avios account
If you get BA to book an avios redemption,you can OLCI,pick seats and add API

so incredibly Aerlingus are discriminating against their own customers
Old May 4, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by Earthman
I was told No online check in on this avios or any avios booking
Very 1960’s

whats incredulous is these problems only only apply to bookings made via an aer club avios account
If you get BA to book an avios redemption,you can OLCI,pick seats and add API

so incredibly Aerlingus are discriminating against their own customers
Sure it's taking them up to TWO months (their admission) to add Tier points and Avios for a simple LGW-DUB flight.

How would you expect them to figure out something like seat selection for Avios bookings?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
This is interesting, because it's a turnaround if so.

I booked with AerClub Avios for flights in February and when I called Aer Lingus they said to contact Avios to book the seats. I called Avios who said they were never able to book seats. Figured I'd got a rep who got it wrong and called Aer Lingus back. Next rep at Aer Lingus specifically said their management had instructed them not to book seats on Avios bookings and they'd get into trouble if they did so. Back to Avios where they said they'd see what they can do. A week later, no joy so I cancelled, received a refund for everything (which had been promised, so well done) and rebooked with BA instead.

Hopefully my moaning blogs about the hour I spent on the phone during four calls ping ponging between Avios and Aer Lingus and my follow up blog about how ludicrous it was not to be able to book seats on an AerClub Avios booking when that booking was on Aer Lingus was listened to. That being said, Avios said they'd escalate it as well as they thought it was strange themselves, so one way or another it seems to have been resolved.

I don't have any issue with paying, my issue at the time was the fact I couldn't book seats at all!
Next time after you book your Avios flight search through the PDF document they give you for a reference starting with 2. They also provide another airline reference code, however, this doesn't start with 2 so the agents normally have a panic attack, however, it actually works when you use the manage my booking page on AerLingus.com.

I've never had a problem using phone agents to book seats when I have avios booking, maybe this policy has changed.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by ASHFlyer
Next time after you book your Avios flight search through the PDF document they give you for a reference starting with 2. They also provide another airline reference code, however, this doesn't start with 2 so the agents normally have a panic attack, however, it actually works when you use the manage my booking page on AerLingus.com.

I've never had a problem using phone agents to book seats when I have avios booking, maybe this policy has changed.
Yes, the Aer Lingus booking references always start with 2.

When did you last book seats on an Avios booking, out of curiosity? As I said, my experience was in February so perhaps things changed since then. I can only hope so.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:22 am

Avios bookings are made using 125- (BA) ticket numbers, so they don't include the 2xxxxx PNR code. Generally no problem doing Manage My Booking on aerlingus.com; the functionality is as restricted as a TA booking using either code.

If you want the Aer Lingus PNR code you can look it up using something like Check My Trip with the Avios PNR.
(This still works https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...NS&LANGUAGE=GB)
mccartje likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by mrkflyer
Avios bookings are made using 125- (BA) ticket numbers, so they don't include the 2xxxxx PNR code. Generally no problem doing Manage My Booking on aerlingus.com; the functionality is as restricted as a TA booking using either code.

If you want the Aer Lingus PNR code you can look it up using something like Check My Trip with the Avios PNR.
(This still works https://classic.checkmytrip.com/plne...NS&LANGUAGE=GB)
Nice, didn't know you could get the aer lingus PNR like that. I was able to add the API for my flights using the 2xxxxx PNR. I couldn't before with the one provided by Avios. Other than that though I wasn't able to do anything else but it's a start.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, EI Platinum
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
Yes, the Aer Lingus booking references always start with 2.

When did you last book seats on an Avios booking, out of curiosity? As I said, my experience was in February so perhaps things changed since then. I can only hope so.
I book an EI Avios ticket on average every 3 weeks since AerClub's inception last year, my last Avios flight was about a month ago now where I picked a seat (need those tier credits from hereon) :-)
Old Jun 22, 2018, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by ASHFlyer
I book an EI Avios ticket on average every 3 weeks since AerClub's inception last year, my last Avios flight was about a month ago now where I picked a seat (need those tier credits from hereon) :-)
Glad to hear it - thanks for letting me know!
Old Jul 7, 2018, 9:04 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Recently booked some short haul Avios flights and it took three attempts to allocate seats.

First answer: We can’t allocate seats for Avios bookings
Second answer: We can allocate seats but only for the normal fees (no free options)
Third answer: Which row? (All seats available without a fee)

HUACA...
Old Jul 7, 2018, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by Dambus
Recently booked some short haul Avios flights and it took three attempts to allocate seats.

Second answer: We can allocate seats but only for the normal fees (no free options)

HUACA...

Now that sounds fun. I wish they'd get their act together and communicate these things internally so everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:24 am

Originally Posted by Dambus

HUACA...
They dont seem to be able to get their act together with their IT for handling this. Also one CSR will say one thing then you get another one and the story is different. Seats CAN be allocated with AVIOS bookings but sadly many take the ''computer says no'' first reply.
Old Jun 28, 2019, 3:00 pm

Programs: Everyone!
Is this still in the dark ages? I booked an award today and the BA agent (was very helpful otherwise) said to contact Aer Lingus......
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by PGHflyer
Is this still in the dark ages? I booked an award today and the BA agent (was very helpful otherwise) said to contact Aer Lingus......
Yes, you still have to call EI to select seats for award bookings made through BA. Make sure you get the EI booking reference from BA first.
PGHflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.