Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

what program for credit for our upcoming EL flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2016, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa lifetime platinum

we are taking an intra european flight on are lingus from dublin to rome and have no experience with are lingus and no status nor will we likely to have in the future,
we are in the economy fare- second from the bottom - where you can select your seats and board a free bag.
my question is :
who do we credit the mileage - if any - to?
we are members of united - i know they use are lingus as reward flights - and would be satisfied getting credited there.
avios or advantage accepting accrual of are lingus miles these days, i wonder.
aer lingus seems to be getting dragged back and forth amongst the frequent flyer programs.
thank you for any info on this very first world problem
john
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:17 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
I have no idea why you are asking this in EI (not EL) forum as you are potentially looking to accrue in another programme and the information you seek about UA, BA and AA is readily available?
If you looked at the UA Mileage Plus page, you'd find you won't earn you any miles on UA as UA doesn't credit intra-Europe flights on EI (only TATL and UK-Ireland).
If you looked on the BA Avios earning page, you'd find if the fare class is L, S, X, R, W you will get 25% Avios on BA.
And if you looked at AA.com, you'd find that EI is not a partner.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Choices

BA
Qantas
Cathay Pacific
United (subject to route restrictions)
Old Aug 31, 2016, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
http://www.wheretocredit.com/aer-lingus
Old Sep 1, 2016, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: aa lifetime platinum
Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
I have no idea why you are asking this in EI (not EL) forum as you are potentially looking to accrue in another programme and the information you seek about UA, BA and AA is readily available?
If you looked at the UA Mileage Plus page, you'd find you won't earn you any miles on UA as UA doesn't credit intra-Europe flights on EI (only TATL and UK-Ireland).
If you looked on the BA Avios earning page, you'd find if the fare class is L, S, X, R, W you will get 25% Avios on BA.
And if you looked at AA.com, you'd find that EI is not a partner.

if this is the incorrect forum, i hope the moderator takes note with my apologies and places it correctly.
thank you for your help
Old Sep 1, 2016, 6:40 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
May I remind everyone that FlyerTalk is a community and is intended to be a friendly, helpful and collegial place.

I have zero patience for snarky comments levelled at those who are not Aer Lingus "experts".

If I am unclear you may also wish to consult the FT rules: http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#welcoming

starflyergold
EI forum moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.