Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS-DUB or DUB-BOS using Avios

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: DL PM; Marriott Plat; Hilton Honors Gold
Has anyone else noticed that Aer Lingus award availability from BOS to both DUB and SNN has evaporated again for the summer. There used to be 9+ seats every day in July. Now there are zero.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
It is not uncommon for this to appear to happen. In some cases the availability is in fact there but only for Gold Circle members or on request.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold
Be aware that avios bookings,even with Ei's own pnr (got from checkmytrip)...Manage my booking rarely world.
So Olci wont.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Earthman
Be aware that avios bookings,even with Ei's own pnr (got from checkmytrip)...Manage my booking rarely world.
So Olci wont.
Just wanted to provide an update to this...with an EI PNR provided through a BA avios redemption, you are right that manage my booking did not function...however OLCI worked just fine.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Yeah,I know,it worked for me too -wierd
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:26 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
EI use their in-house ASTRAL system for everything, it's from the 70s or 80s with various functionality added over time, most of which does not talk well to anything else.

OLCI will work for any EI booking. The system basically uses surname and route to identify you. EI has both "web check-in" and "on-line check-in" one uses a PNR one an e-mail address. Either way you should be able to OLCI for pretty much any Aer Lingus flight, regardless of where the flight was booked.

Only bookings made through aerlingus.com can be accessed through MMB. If the booking is made elsewhere, or the call centre or anyone else (such as IRROPS, Gold Circle, etc) make any changes forget aerlingus.com.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 6:38 am

Datalex is currently added onto the current EI system. The whole system is going to be replaced by a new advanced system in the next 3-5 months. It will bring EI IT dept from 1980 to 2020
Old Dec 27, 2013, 11:32 pm

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by arlflyer
Just wanted to provide an update to this...with an EI PNR provided through a BA avios redemption, you are right that manage my booking did not function...however OLCI worked just fine.
Originally Posted by BrianDromey
EI use their in-house ASTRAL system for everything, it's from the 70s or 80s with various functionality added over time, most of which does not talk well to anything else.

OLCI will work for any EI booking. The system basically uses surname and route to identify you. EI has both "web check-in" and "on-line check-in" one uses a PNR one an e-mail address. Either way you should be able to OLCI for pretty much any Aer Lingus flight, regardless of where the flight was booked.

Only bookings made through aerlingus.com can be accessed through MMB. If the booking is made elsewhere, or the call centre or anyone else (such as IRROPS, Gold Circle, etc) make any changes forget aerlingus.com.
Sorry if it's a dumb question, but what is OLCI?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
OnLine Check In.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by stifle
OnLine Check In.
OK, thank you. ^
Old Dec 31, 2013, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by CC1972
Sorry if it's a dumb question, but what is OLCI?
No dumb questions here in my mind, but you may find the FlyerTalk glossary useful:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glossary.php

I certainly get a lot of use out of it myself!
Old Dec 31, 2013, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by arlflyer
No dumb questions here in my mind, but you may find the FlyerTalk glossary useful:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/glossary.php

I certainly get a lot of use out of it myself!
Thanks for the link. That will certainly be very handy.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 1:14 pm

Anybody know what the fees/surcharges run on the DUB-BOS flight?

I'm looking at a one-way using Avios in Aug/Sep.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 1:55 pm

summer DUB - BOS availability on avios

Apologies if this lives somewhere else - let me know and I will move.

Had success over the last two years using avios for DUB - BOS. Cant find a thing currently on Qantas for Summer 2014.

Anyone have any suggestions as to whether or not this will open up over the coming months based on previous experience or industry knowledge?

Thanks

Feenster
Old Jan 3, 2014, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FlyerTalk! Usually it's around €60.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.