Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BOS-DUB or DUB-BOS using Avios

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:46 am

Taxes for BOS-SNN-BOS are about $113 per ticket when booking through the BA call center. Taxes when booking on avios.com are significantly higher (I see $279). There may be differences in the peak/offpeak schedules used by the two airlines which also need to be taken into account. And BA may charge $25 per ticket for booking via the call center, though they have always waived the fee for me.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by gusg
Taxes for BOS-SNN-BOS are about $113 per ticket when booking through the BA call center. Taxes when booking on avios.com are significantly higher (I see $279). There may be differences in the peak/offpeak schedules used by the two airlines which also need to be taken into account. And BA may charge $25 per ticket for booking via the call center, though they have always waived the fee for me.
Do you know why they waived they fee for you? Are you Gold BAEC? I got hit with the phone booking fee recently despite being Silver.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 11:43 am

Originally Posted by mccartje
Do you know why they waived they fee for you? Are you Gold BAEC? I got hit with the phone booking fee recently despite being Silver.
I'm Blue. Most times I don't even have to ask. They just tell me that there is a fee but they're waiving it. The once or twice I had to ask they did it without argument.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 12:27 pm

hmm curious. I wonder is it due to the fact that you can't book EI on their system and therefore forced to call so they are more inclined to waive the fee. Has this been only EI avios bookings or for BA also?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:06 am

hmm curious. I wonder is it due to the fact that you can't book EI on their system and therefore forced to call so they are more inclined to waive the fee. Has this been only EI avios bookings or for BA also?
EI only. I've never flown on BA.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
The SNN flights will show as being “operated by ASL Airlines Ireland”. The 757s are leases from ASL, but. The product is the full EI one, it’s SNN based EI cabin crew and flight deck from EI, on secondment, or ASL.
The fee should be waved if there is a technical problem preventing the booking being completed on BA.com. However, I’ve found that the interpretation of the rule is often in the customers favour. Particularly if applying a 2-4-1 or open jaw. Essentially for anyone more compels than a simple return.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 10:57 am

Hi I'm trying to booking an Avios redemption through BA executive club for an Aer Lingus flight from Dublin to Toronto, when I called them however the lady didn't understand and kept quoting a flight via London Heathrow, even when she found the right flight the Avios and taxes were way off. My question is should I call back or do I need to explain it a certain way to them. Sorry for opening this thread up again but it seemed somewhat relevant.
Thanks
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Squedward
Hi I'm trying to booking an Avios redemption through BA executive club for an Aer Lingus flight from Dublin to Toronto, when I called them however the lady didn't understand and kept quoting a flight via London Heathrow, even when she found the right flight the Avios and taxes were way off. My question is should I call back or do I need to explain it a certain way to them. Sorry for opening this thread up again but it seemed somewhat relevant.
Thanks
I'm not sure how you could be much clearer than by saying that you want to book a redemption using Avios for an Air Lingus flight, direct from Dublin to Toronto. I mean, you could add the flight number is you don't have it yet. Perhaps she's never done it before. I would call back.

Which call centre was this?
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
I'm not sure how you could be much clearer than by saying that you want to book a redemption using Avios for an Air Lingus flight, direct from Dublin to Toronto. I mean, you could add the flight number is you don't have it yet. Perhaps she's never done it before. I would call back.

Which call centre was this?
Thanks for the reply. Yeah she didn't seem to understand that booking an aer lingus flight was possible. She was british however I'm not sure where the call centre was. Ill try again.
Old Mar 20, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Squedward
Thanks for the reply. Yeah she didn't seem to understand that booking an aer lingus flight was possible. She was british however I'm not sure where the call centre was. Ill try again.
Let us know how it goes. And welcome to Flyertalk!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.