Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

"Name mismatch" half way through a trip...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2024, 6:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)

I flew LHR-IAD in R class on 22nd April on a UA-booked ticket. My A3 number was in the booking. The miles for this leg credited into my A3 account just fine while I was still in the US. I flew home ALB-EWR-LHR on 1st May and the miles did not credit. I just tried to do the mileage claim on the A3 website and got the error "#93 - name mismatch" and the claim was refused. I have no clue why. Has anyone else had this happen, and how did you claim the miles?

I'm about to take the return leg of a second US trip (LHR-IAD-LHR) where I couldn't even get UA to take the number in my booking. If I can't get these miles to register I will miss the deadline to retain *G. A3 will lose me as a customer if this happens as it's now easier for me to be SkyTeam now VS has joined them.
Old May 16, 2024, 8:35 pm

In the pre-Internet times, everybody would first call M+B's CS desk. I would still do it today, but I understand that at 75 years of age, I think and act differently than most people...
Old May 16, 2024, 10:16 pm

Yeah, you need to contact customer service. It's a very common issue for people with multiple (or in your case I assume middle) names. If it's entered in even the slightest way differently on the ticket than it was in your Miles&Bonus account (it doesn't even have to be a spelling mismatch, it could be that the ticket has all names under "first name", while the M&B account has the middle name under "middle name" or vise-versa or any kind of discrepancy), then the miles won't get posted.

About the ffp number not getting accepted, I'd contact either the party that issued the ticket, or the airline that will operate the flight.
Old May 17, 2024, 1:40 am

Programs: A3*G
I have the same issue. Flew to Japan with LH 10 days ago. Outbound flight was credited but not inbound. Getting 93-memebr name when trying to claim miles. A3 G line told me to fill in their contact form. LH told me cant help. A3 should ask and credit the miles.

Last edited by danichro; May 17, 2024 at 6:24 am
Old May 21, 2024, 2:49 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, KQ Gold
I suspect that the issued ticket may have your middle name omitted or some part of your name misspelled, compared to the name which is listed on your A3 account. I had a similar experience with a member on my together account last year, where I booked a ticket without including their middle name. Although they traveled on A3 metal and used the lounge, the miles weren't credited. It took about a month for A3 customer service to resolve the issue, and they advised us to ensure the ticketed name matches the A3 account name going forward. Interestingly, I've done this before without issues, so it may be a recent policy change. Notably, A3 manually retro-credited the miles even after the system demoted him to silver status.

Last edited by sal77; May 21, 2024 at 2:54 pm
Old May 22, 2024, 8:40 am

Programs: A3 *G
Bah - issues with middle name! That's nothing! My friend has a double-barrelled surname (with a hyphen) and M+B simply does not allow that. As far as I remember (3 or 4 years ago) you simply can't enter a hyphen in the registration form - or if you do, it just vanishes later. A ticket CAN be booked with the hyphoned surname, of course, so the key is to make the first part of the surname a "middle" name instead. So Jane Smith-Jones becomes Jane Smithjones and nothing will credit until you call them, send copied of passport etc. and get the account name changed to Jane Smith Jones. It seems to work now anyway but there must be a significant proportion of people who do that these days.
sal77 likes this.

Last edited by Knobbgb; May 22, 2024 at 8:46 am
Old May 22, 2024, 8:22 pm

How significant is the proportion of people with a double-barrelled surname (with a hyphen) in the world?
Old May 23, 2024, 11:55 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by KLouis
How significant is the proportion of people with a double-barrelled surname (with a hyphen) in the world?
Not that many, but not so insignificant that, if it were my company, I'd make the IT systems able to deal with it.
Old May 23, 2024, 11:59 am

Never had any issue getting auto credited for me even with one alphabet missing in my M&B account (Never bother to change it). Tickets are always booked with passport name.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.