Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

New rules for ATH Intra Schengen lounge access for A3G + non gold companion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New rules for ATH Intra Schengen lounge access for A3G + non gold companion

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2023, 9:49 am

So, both lounges that *A passengers can use (and all three for A3 ones) were packed! In contrast, I went past the Skyserv lounge very early on Sunday morning, it was completely empty...
Old Sep 26, 2023, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
So, both lounges that *A passengers can use (and all three for A3 ones) were packed! In contrast, I went past the Skyserv lounge very early on Sunday morning, it was completely empty...
That's my overall impression of the skyserv lounge. Relativly empty but the snack and drink selection ist rather limited.

But I have a fealing Aegean would do anything but cooperating with the skyserv Lounge 😂.
Old Sep 26, 2023, 7:57 pm

I did not mean to say that Aegean should also be using the Skyserv lounge! Well, Skyserv is, if I recall correctly, the ex Swissport while A3 uses Goldair as a handling partner. In addition to having to pay them for using their lounge, the contracts they signed with Goldair most probably prevent them from using the competition... We seem to forget that Skyserv, Goldair and Aegean are private companies and that all three of them do their business in a place called Athens Airport which is owned by a fourth private company (with some percentage of the stock owned by the government). And all four companies, in a capitalistic society, have to show profits at the end of the year, in Greece and elsewhere!

Last edited by KLouis; Sep 26, 2023 at 8:04 pm
Old Sep 27, 2023, 4:41 am

As a clarification: A3 is shareholder in Goldair and the group of GQ (IOGR) owns both Skyserv and Swissport (yes, they are sitll diferrent companies, i am guessing to maintain the different licenses allowed at Athens airport). It is still a capitalistic society but very much an oligopoly.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece
As a clarification: A3 is shareholder in Goldair and the group of GQ (IOGR) owns both Skyserv and Swissport (yes, they are sitll diferrent companies, i am guessing to maintain the different licenses allowed at Athens airport). It is still a capitalistic society but very much an oligopoly.
Yes, i was refering to the fact that Skyserv is more or less Part of A3s main competitor within Greece.
Old Sep 27, 2023, 8:05 am

I've used the Skyserv lounge a few times with Priority Pass when the three alternatives have been very busy, it never has been. I'd rate it as better than no lounge at all but it's definitely the weakest of the four. Whatever else, don't pay to use it because it really isn't worth it.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 2:33 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Interestingly enough, I got myself (A3 *G on a upgraded business ticket) + my wife (A3 *S on a flex fare) into the Aegean lounge in ATH yesterday around 07:00. I was expecting to be sent to the GoldAir lounge as usual, but was admitted without any issue.
It did get pretty busy in the morning though. Maybe the rules have changed again?
I also got the 500 miles from the intra-schengen lounge benefit.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 6:16 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by fets_be
Interestingly enough, I got myself (A3 *G on a upgraded business ticket) + my wife (A3 *S on a flex fare) into the Aegean lounge in ATH yesterday around 07:00. I was expecting to be sent to the GoldAir lounge as usual, but was admitted without any issue.
It did get pretty busy in the morning though. Maybe the rules have changed again?
I also got the 500 miles from the intra-schengen lounge benefit.
Who were you flying with?
Old Nov 3, 2023, 6:21 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by supine
Who were you flying with?
Aegean...
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:21 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by fets_be
Aegean...
Then I wouldn't read anything into it, the policy is almost certainly still in place.

You arrived early, flying A3, both held A3 status, the non*G was on a flex fare. I can't think of a better example for an exception.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 7:31 am

The policy is still there, however I too entered the lounge last month, no questions asked, as an Aegean Gold with my toddler son (who doesn't even have a M&B account yet), both on flex tickets (well ok, my wife and other son, who were of course flying with us, were both in business class, in the row right in front of us btw). But curiously enough we scanned all our boarding passes and none of them blipped "red" on the scanner (but then again, I'm also not sure the lounge scanners do blip red, at least I've never tried to enter without being entitled to anyway :P).
In that case it was in the late afternoon and the lounge was at around 2/3 or less capacity.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 12:40 pm

Not sure if the flex fare plays any role at all, but my assumption is hat the policy is enforced "verbally": The lounge dragons ask upon arrival and then they might redirect you (no red beeps or anything). I have also seen pax. complaining and --maybe-- they were let in, because Goldair lounge was also full. My point is that there is no consistency from Aegean on this, you highly depend on the lounge dragon.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 12:55 pm

Programs: A3*G, Accor ALL Gold
Originally Posted by jerry_greece
Not sure if the flex fare plays any role at all, but my assumption is hat the policy is enforced "verbally": The lounge dragons ask upon arrival and then they might redirect you (no red beeps or anything). I have also seen pax. complaining and --maybe-- they were let in, because Goldair lounge was also full. My point is that there is no consistency from Aegean on this, you highly depend on the lounge dragon.
Maybe whom you call the lounge dragons with a little disdain has some sort of intelligence and does not apply the rules if they don’t make sense at a specific time or on specific occasions. 🤔
intuition likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2023, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by KATERGOO
Maybe whom you call the lounge dragons with a little disdain has some sort of intelligence and does not apply the rules if they don’t make sense at a specific time or on specific occasions. 🤔
Bwahaha, good joke.
KATERGOO and romans like this.
Old Nov 20, 2023, 5:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
2 A3*G, 1 AC*G, 1 no status passenger who flew into ATH on A3 J, connecting into A3 Y, told that no guests are allowed regardless of whether the A3 or AC*G is guesting the passenger. So we went to the LH lounge and managed to get 4 seats tgether
the810, headingwest and MeltingAlf like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.