Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2023, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Tokyoite
We would like to inform you that as of 01.06.23, the rules policy related to tier retention and upgrade will be updated as follows:

Upgrade to Silver tier
To reach the Silver tier, all you need to do is fly with AEGEAN and/or Olympic Air at least twice and earn 12,000 tier miles within 12 months,
or
collect a total of 35,000 tier miles regardless the airline you choose to fly with.

Silver tier retention
To retain your Silver tier, you have a fixed 12-month period from the date of your tier upgrade or renewal, to collect 8,000 tier miles including 2 flights with AEGEAN and/or Olympic Air,
or
collect a total of 35,000 tier miles, regardless the airline you choose to fly with.

Upgrade to Gold tier
To upgrade from Silver to Gold tier, all you need to do is fly with AEGEAN and/or Olympic Air at least four times and earn 24,000 tier miles within 12 months,
or
collect a total of 70,000 tier miles, regardless the airline you choose to fly with.

Gold tier retention
To retain your Gold tier, you have a fixed 12-month period from the date of your tier upgrade or renewal, to collect 12,000 tier miles including 4 flights with AEGEAN and/or Olympic Air,
or
collect a total of 70,000 tier miles, regardless the airline you choose to fly with.
Print Wikipost

Change on Tier retain & upgrade rules

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2023, 6:48 pm

1. Four
2. 365 days
GUWonder and AfterHour like this.
Old Sep 30, 2023, 8:18 am

Programs: SQ *G / A3 *G
I get my last flight of the year to requalify on the 22nd of November.

CDG-ATH-SKG rtn to get the flights in...painful but ok!

I hope all goes smoothly; will I need to call to confirm I have completed the 4 flights by the 23rd, or will it automatically roll over?
Old Sep 30, 2023, 7:34 pm

It's 2023, it's all automatic (actually, since more than 20 years ago...).
Old Sep 30, 2023, 8:11 pm

Programs: SQ *G / A3 *G
I was more worried that it was so close to the deadline, sometimes, miles don't post straight away.

I have more flights on LH/LX the following week, so would like to still have my status.
Old Oct 1, 2023, 3:27 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
They do not post straight away (Though, with one day to spare, they might still be on time before the 24th). I'm going to be in the same situation but fully expect to be downgraded on the 24th and re-upgraded/corrected a few days later.
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: A3*G, AS MVPG, UA, AA
Originally Posted by AfterHour
Questions:
1. Does roundtrip XXX-ATH-YYY on A3 (4 segments) count as 2 flights or 4 flights in one year to satisfy the elite requirement?
2. Does one year count as one calendar year (ie, 2022 or 2023), or one year period back from current month?
4 segments is four flights. For the second question, it’s neither? Are you talking about moving to the next tier or retaining an existing tier?
Old Oct 4, 2023, 11:47 am

SK is moving to sky team from *A. There goes my annual qualification plan of taking a PE flight from US to ATH for an annual Greek vacation.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 8:11 am

Originally Posted by lensovet
SK is moving to sky team from *A. There goes my annual qualification plan of taking a PE flight from US to ATH for an annual Greek vacation.
I suspect any move will take quite a while, SK is still an administrative mess which will take along time to sort out before they can even begin to work on changing alliances.

It does fragment my travel too though, particularly in Norway where there isn't much choice.
Old Oct 5, 2023, 2:52 pm

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
Yea this kinda bugs me too... what is the easy route now?
Old Oct 7, 2023, 4:03 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Within Europe there still are a few classics. For example Austrian in business (non-P) will get you 8K miles for a single roundtrip (Having a transfer at VIE).
romans and jkgrpas like this.
Old Oct 8, 2023, 12:46 pm

TK in H gives you 100%, but no idea what that corresponds to in dollars.

United has LH/OS codeshares for PE for 1500, but it’s impossible to know the underlying fare bucket, which makes them a risky proposition. I can’t get the same flights to book direct through ITA without having them upfared into J.
Old Oct 12, 2023, 6:54 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
TK in H gives you 100%, but no idea what that corresponds to in dollars.

United has LH/OS codeshares for PE for 1500, but it’s impossible to know the underlying fare bucket, which makes them a risky proposition. I can’t get the same flights to book direct through ITA without having them upfared into J.
Ah yes, the codeshare-bucket issue. Is there some chart out there which would map a marketed fare class to its partner-operated fare class? Perhaps this information is in a GDS, or IATA document somewhere.
Old Oct 14, 2023, 6:26 pm

I don't think so, in fact I'm not sure that this is even stable from month to month or reservation to reservation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.